"black srx project"

Pete, get some full pics of sled with it being done, looks good, want to see it from differnt angles. ;)!

here is the pics from this weekend 20 inches of new snow rode 200 miles around gaylord.

Attachments

• gaylord jordan (2).jpg
    gaylord jordan (2).jpg
    115 KB · Views: 40
  • gaylord pics (2).jpg
    gaylord pics (2).jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 35
  • gaylord pics alba (2).jpg
    gaylord pics alba (2).jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 55
  • gaylord pics trailer (2).jpg
    gaylord pics trailer (2).jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 33
  • gaylord trip (2).jpg
    gaylord trip (2).jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 29
  • gaylord trip jordan valley (2).jpg
    gaylord trip jordan valley (2).jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 48
  • gaylord trip black (2).jpg
    gaylord trip black (2).jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 25
  • gaylord trip jordan valley 2 (2).jpg
    gaylord trip jordan valley 2 (2).jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Was some nice snow wasnt it!! Kept an eye out for ya but we got a late start with not having power and stayed off trail for the most part. Looks like ya had fun with the SRX's. They look great!!

here is 2 set of mpi arms that i have 1 is going on the black sled and the other on my ice sled. i am going to be doing a few thing to the black sled i did not get to do last year. new studs bigger guide wheels hy fax saver rear billet wheels have the hood repainted super high gloss show black it was not done good enough.

Attachments

• srx arms (2).jpg
    srx arms (2).jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 16
Suprised I never saw that sled...i guess there was quite a few sleds up there that weekend!!! I was going across Otsego lake in the evening also....Lots of snow....yet the trails were kinda choppy. Lots & lots of trees down from all the wet & heavy snow (some were on the trail ) never made up to Larry's place or the jordan river valley...we went east for most of the day on saturday and crossed back over and made it to starvation lake -then back to Otesgo lake - Fun Weekend!!!
heck at starvation lake i helped a total stranger with his 02'XC700 that would not start- had the carbs apart in the parking lot & everything-LOL!!! ended up being the fuel pick-up tube inside the tank fell off the "nipple" and yet he still had 1/4 tank of gas...yet was out of fuel because it would go below the location of the nipple on the tank......got him back on the trail - free beer is good!!!

here is some updates from the the black srx . this year i put a new kimpex traxion 121 with new studs also put on mountain perf chromoly arms bender lightweight control arms lightweight spindles from a mountain srx alum steering arms also a new custom yamaha bar pad cut down and sewn in with a srx logo also had the hood repainted the most shiny black possible it is flawless not even a ripple in it. Also changed like 40 bolts to polished stainless added alot more billet parts to it also replaced all ball joints and heims with new. also put all 6 oversized wheels including some 7 3/8 rear billet wheels I also put new black viper grips and bars.my 12 year old son will be driving this sled this year he cant wait to ride.

Attachments

• photo (1) (2).JPG
    photo (1) (2).JPG
    207.4 KB · Views: 33
  • photo (2) (2).JPG
    photo (2) (2).JPG
    196.3 KB · Views: 28
  • photo (3).JPG
    photo (3).JPG
    204.6 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
I have a 2001 motor on my table I am going to build a all new motor for this sled. I am going to update the harness and make it a legit 01. I have a set v force reeds also have mr viper doing me a peak perf head I had. Also will put ported pistons and light rods in it. I also might port the cylinders I have like 17000 miles plus on this motor and oil pump . I have had this sled since 99 doesn't owe me a thing. I also want to put a set of black c and a skis on it.

This week I did a complete overhaul of my black sled everthing from a 01 srx all new motor and all thing to make a 01 v force reeds peak head and bender can. Thanks don for the head work runs great.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg