Adding hand warmers to an Enticer

79ET340EC

I'd like to add hand warmers on our 79 Enticer 340. Will the lighting coil handle this addition or will hand warmers be too much and burn the coil up? Any suggestions and help is appreciated.

We ran our 79 340 Enticer for many years with hand warmer on it, had zero problems. It was not an electric start model so it only had the small lighting coil.
Not sure of what brand warmers they were but shopping for low watt ones wouldn't be a bad idea.

Last edited:
I had a red 78 enticer 340 without electric start & it had hand warmers on it. Bought it new in 78 when they first came out. Put 9,000 miles on that sled & never had a problem with the sled or the hand warmers. If your looking for a pair of hand warmers for that sled I think that I have a brand new set that I saved for some reason & would be willing to sell.

Rich

Thanks for the help guys! I double checked the output of the lighting coil (100watts) and if I stick to 30 watt or lower warmers, I agree that I should be good. I've got a set of warmers on an extra set of Ovation handlebars I have. If I can't use those, I would be interested in yours Rich. PM with a price and we can go from there. Thanks again!

Get a 3 position, hi, low and off. Yes you Ned a resistor for the low side can't remember want the resistor was rated at. Check on line you might find the rating. Kempex in Canada use to sell the resistors, Denis Kirk in the US I think

Back