Sx viper build

Extremely bored from waiting on parts for my bike so i decided to paint some stuff.
ResizedImage951345662733641.jpg

Last edited:

i seen this and tried it it.works great! my pictures look just like his but it looks even better in person.thanks for the info.i always hated the red with a blue sled

Glad to see you found the metelcast paint for your parts as well, looks great on the sled! I just need that seat in the red skin for my Viper now and it would be an almost finished project!

Is the only thing you did to the front for the suspension was add longer shocks? did you have to adjust anything else?

my old set up had stock viper shocks, with stiffer springs on them so the shocks had no sag when under it's own weight off the stand
1123021258.jpg
My new set up has fox floats :)

Roughly an inch, i really installed then for the adjustability aspect of the floats. all my steering components are stock parts, however i did put a longer bolt and spacer under the steering rods where they bold onto the spindle so the steering rod didn't bottom out on the bulk head.

are those modified sx brackets? what did you have to do to them if so? also can you post a pic of where your steering rod bolts on to the spindle

Last edited:
Alright thanks, still waiting for parts so no big deal... i just had my finals also so i know what you mean

Sorry for the wait, finished up the sled just waiting on snow to mess with the carbs
the brackets for my floats required some additional height so i had my brother weld some tabs on so i could raise the mount location of the shock
P1030203_zps6503f518.jpg
You can also see the bolt on the bottom of the bracket, on viper models you will need to drill a hole in the bulkhead, FYI this is a pain in the *** once the hold is drilled and trying to get the nut on the bolt.

Here is a pic of the spacer i rigged up on the steering arms so they don't bottom out on the bulkhead
P1030204_zps3f1f722c.jpg

A few other updates, i got my anti ratchets installed and had to configure some different mounting locations of the rails so they would clear the cogs. I also picked a used 1.75 track and squeezed it under there.
P1030205_zps1475972f.jpg

Clearance is pretty good
P1030207_zps6ba91b33.jpg

i got bored and trimmed the spacer on the polaris axle to make a 2 wheel kit
P1030209_zps8488b9a9.jpg

excuse the dirty sled, i need to do some cleaning haha
Finished product for 2012/2013
P1030211_zps029a1ecd.jpg
P1030212_zpsb92554ed.jpg

I was running my sled and looked at the mileage, might pull the motor apart next year and throw some pistons rings..... porting..... bore over... who knows haha
P1030214_zpsc8c3db60.jpg

Back