Ported 98 SRX 700 vs 09 Nytro RTX SE

This post is too funny! Would love to be there to see the outcome. Guess a video will have to do. At least its Yammi against Yammi. Kinda like a family fight!

As far as a well clutched srx spanking an apex, well, I happen to have both. Gonna find out (hopefully soon) if that is true. Picked up a mint 02 back in March with under 1500 miles and have yet to ride it. But I can tell you that my apex with a number of bolt on mods is an extremely strong runner. I don't see it happening. :letitsnow

I've been spanked pretty hard by a Nyrto in 500 ft on grass. he's our local dealers son in law and his is set up good, mine wasn't at the time. get another shot at him in a few weeks. mines better now but I hear he's running 25psi of boost now. should b interesting.

staggs65 said:
I've been spanked pretty hard by a Nyrto in 500 ft on grass. he's our local dealers son in law and his is set up good, mine wasn't at the time. get another shot at him in a few weeks. mines better now but I hear he's running 25psi of boost now. should b interesting.

Hurricane had a Nytro with 29psi...that put him in the 360hp range....I doubt that race would be interesting, more like a slaughtering....even 5psi ( 180hp ) would be a very tough race.

mines not a stock 700, but no where near 360hp either. the 25 psi is word around town. but you know how blown out of proportion that can get from ear to ear. we'll find out the truth in a few weeks

staggs65 said:
mines not a stock 700, but no where near 360hp either. the 25 psi is word around town. but you know how blown out of proportion that can get from ear to ear. we'll find out the truth in a few weeks

Oh ya, no doubt it's more like 5-10psi...but that's still a bunch of HP..180-220 range...you'd pretty much need to run a big bore to run with it.

I would put my Nytro up against a well setup SRX in a 1000-1200ft race...after that I know an SRX will pull me on the top,

I use to run 5.5's with my srx I would like to seee what it would do with a 780 with the stock pipes set up the way it was.

Staggs its all good. I saw Ryan run his SRX. Wayyyy fast. Mark said he's got a setup from Joe, Junes hubby from "Me and the Boys" race team. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Last edited:
if that nytro is turbo and 10 lbs boost he will be at 220 hp if he has weight transfer for hook up he will blow u out of the hole but his gearing would have to change up for the top end of the srx. i have a 2010 nytro which i run in snow drags i have run against a modded out srx that dynos at 192 i can blow him out off the hole at about 200 ft he jumps me buy about 6 sled lenghts. hp takes over the nytro is crazy fast for a 600

Ya Ryan I tried to sell to upgrade to a fourstroke but with no snow no ones buying anything. (And I'm high on my prices. Lol) I can't justify a new sled with no snow here so its being reassembled this week. I'm gonna put a 1/2 inch track on andkeep it on the ice. If there's any of that left!

Back