Ported 98 SRX 700 vs 09 Nytro RTX SE

Corey9965

I have a score to settle with the neighbor. He thinks his Nytro will wax my newly Mr Viper race ported SRX. I got the whole top end and case ported. I will be runnin my 8bu-10s, 50/42 helix, hyvo 23/38 gears with 1in track with 96 down center. The race is at a local field we groom just short of a half mile pull. I think I'm gonna walk him from about 500 ft on. I just need to get out of the hole good and not suck the belt on take off.

Any opinions?

Ps he wants to run for pinkslips. :2strokes:

Are there any mods done to the Nytro? No doubts you will wax him after 90-100mph but if he has the right mods he may be tough to beat in 1000-1200 ft.

The longer the race, the better....as far as you and your SRX are concerned. A 600-660 ft race should be a close one.
Take him out on a lake.
He's not over on the 4 stroke side is he?

No mods. Just an ego the size of Alaska. He has done some business with Mr Sled but won't join TY. Thinks its a waste of time.

Well if he's got no mods then it should be an easy win for you, just make sure you hook up...My Nytro stock would run ahead of F7s for the first 800ft but was out of steam after that

The nytro won't stand a chance.A well clutched stock srx will take an apex.

pro116 said:
A well clutched stock srx will take an apex.

It sounds like you've got that wrapped up by all the items you have listed in the first post.

Cut and pasted:
I will be runnin my 8bu-10s, 50/42 helix, hyvo 23/38 gears with 1in track with 96 down center.

Ya I'm pretty jacked. He has owned an 01 700 stocker that was a bullet. He has also owned an SRX 700 improver. I am surprised he is as confident as he is. There will be footage posted as soon as the race happens.

Corey9965 said:
Ya I'm pretty jacked. He has owned an 01 700 stocker that was a bullet. He has also owned an SRX 700 improver. I am surprised he is as confident as he is. There will be footage posted as soon as the race happens.
Something sounds funny....if he knows SRXs and is that confident he's got something up his sleeve. I'd love to see this race.

You better watch out, those things holeshot like a motha, if it's a short race, you'll lose, after 80mph, he should be yours.

pro116 said:
Is this Mark S your talking about?

Yes Ryan that's him. He don't think I've got a chance. He tells everyone that I stuck all this money into a dinosaur and his "new" technology will make me look like a fool.

I personally can't afford a new four stroke so I'm just trying to make what I've got fast as f**k. When the hands drop so will his jaw!!

Unless he has a bottle or boost you have nothing to worry about.Hes not that good of a tuner.

That nytro dont stand a chance if stock. My cpr viper smoked my buddys stock 09 nytro the whole way. Start to finish he was never in the race. Out of the hole, the middle and the end i was well ahead of him. Not sure how far the race was but it was a long U.P. straight run. Even did it twice just to make sure he had a fair chance. LOL!

Back