race srx 780

hey Dan
still waiting on Jaws for the info on the pipes. I called and the said to email pics. did that and they said they were a custom built full mod pipe from a while back but greg needed to check his notes. then they sent back they needed measurements. I sent them the measurements they requested and haven't heard back from them yet.
yes I have a high rpm cdi that came with the pipes. You still got that set of high rpm hauck pipes?

motors gone for it's tweeks. still waiting on a definate answer from JAWS on the pipe rpm which is gonna hold things up. got a cable steering setup from pro116 that used to be on Valin's race sled. it's gonna be a while. hopefully have things together when the speed runs start up end of january but we'll see.

it's amazing the results you get when you become angry. I dont get why it has to be that way with some companies. tried being nice and understanding for over a month with no results. two days after sending a nasty email I get all the info I wanted plus more. anyways looks like the peak toque is in the 9600 rpm range and peak hp around 10k. getting my impala out of the shop and in storage for the winter tommorrow. Now I'll have a little more room (and the needed info) to really get this project going.

staggs65 said:
I'm going to keep track of my diet results best I can. the mountain performance trailing arms weigh 2lbs less than stock each so -4lbs so far
You cant beat the drop in weight by dropping the pro and installing a sc10 3 or another brand skidframe.

You got a lite weight brake rotor less rotating mass adds up quick did you buy that speed track that i sent you posting of

Last edited:
Joe, not yet on either one. lossed bids on a few rotors on sleezebay. havent responded to the track ad (if they still even have it). had to lighten up on the spending til after x-mas

well its been an f'd up winter with the weather. looks like its officially over here. 70f here today. at least I got to run the Viper once. so now I'm back on this project. the goal now is to have it ready for grass. since I last posted I picked up a speed track from betheviper (currently on my Viper), a SLP lightweight rotor and hub, Viper front bumper braces, a Viper rear bumper and covers, aluminum tie-rods, a NOS primary spider, NOS primary fixed sheave, and more just cant remember it all right now.
ended up getting rid of the chassis I started with and am now using the chassis from my old long traveled sled. here's what I'm starting with

072.jpg

073.jpg

that seat has been sold. first order of business is to clean up the garage from a winters worth of carnage. got a good dent in that today. more to come, hopefully sooner than later this time.

Last edited:

Back