race srx 780

got a little more done today. lost 6 more lbs between the swaybar/end links/hardware, exhaust can support, speedo cable and drive. also the 3/4 full oil tank I pulled out weighed 7lbs. so thats 10lbs with the mountain performance trailing arms, not counting the tank of oil.

001-8.jpg

I see your vid you put up so you did make it up to newport with your viper. Did you see that OSP yamaha

I've bought most of the parts for this sled now (the major items at least). The engine should be here soon. I got a set of 44mm lectrons from aircraftman as well as a wheeled stock skid with adjustable t-rods. since then I bought a wheeled wahl and a closed window speed track so I'll be selling the wheeled stocker. with the stuff I already had I've just got some odds and ends left to get. I've got to get some stuff out to amatosrx for some powdercoat and the biggest project I have left is to make a fiberglass hood.
here's the lectrons, they're huge compared to the stock carbs, couldnt imagine what a set of 52s look like
Ericababyshowerbeach040.jpg

I need to start picking away at this after work, so hopefully some progress pics soon.

got looking at making my mold for my hood today. I need to find a foam or something that I can shape and attach to the stock hood to smooth it out before I put the fiberglass for the mold on it. If that makes sense I'm open to ideas on where I can get something. I'll probably take a look at the craft stores and building supply stores this week unless someone has an idea.

I would just put vacuum bag film around it with the gauge pod and cluster on , put some foam under the wondshield, suck it down a bit and start glassing.

Back