Stolen Sled From Whistler - Theif Caught!!! read more

burnoutink

What a day, and a story I would love to share....

Ok so My friend had his sled stolen by what turns out to be a previous property owner he was renting from here in Whistler BC. 2000 Polaris RMK 700 was stolen from the property by a Landlord (60years of age or older) because he claimed my friend did 200$ worth of Damage to a rail way tie on the property(ridiculous).

I told my friend he has no right to steal your sled, and agreed to help him get it back. I HATE SLED THIEVES!!!!. I eventually got in contact with the landlord, he would not give the location of the sled, and demanded 500$ for the return of the sled, I told him he has no right to steal peoples snowmobiles and people don't take kindly to these kind of actions. he refused to give me the location of the stolen sled, and threaten to cut the sled into 3 pieces.

I called him back and pretty much set him up, with a bait of 500$ and an agreement to meet in North Vancouver. I knew that this was not going to go down smoothly and I had no intention on giving someone who stole a sled a dollar. He arranged a meeting spot, I did my research on the internet, Searched his full name , got his address, matched it all up to the phone number i had, and BINGO, he lives 2 blocks from where he had arranged to meet me. I THINK ILL MEET HIM AT HIS HOUSE INSTEAD of the arranged meeting place, being as Google street view showed me the exact location of the sled. I arrived an hour early to prepare and create a full on game plan.....ITS GO TIME!!!!

I called The landlord, and Told him "I'm in front of your house", he was scared, I followed him at close range to the meeting place. Where he wanted cash before he gave up the location of the sled, My friend flashed him 500$ cashed but refused to give him a dollar until the sled was in the back of the truck, His Son (the hired enforcer) (7"ft 250lbs) came up to my truck window acting like a tough guy with carbon fiber knuckled gloves on " I asked whats up with the Gloves?" and made several jokes about them regardless of his size advantage. I told him off and they told me where the sled was after we showed them we had cash.

I fired up the sled, It was running on one cylinder, the landlord jumped in front of the sled, I told him get out of the way, then i hit the kill switch,
I told him get the ____ out of the way.
He was complaining about the money and the damage to his property,
but my friend had a sub lease and never paid the landlord a dollar, he paid the guy in charge of the house. and the landlord has to take the damage deposit Money Not the Snowmobile.
and explained, we can call the Cops cause Im not gonna deal with this retarded crap all day, so I got Lucky here,
Thay Called the cops on us!!!! Sweet!!!! cause I am lost in North Van.and would not know where to send them.

I started laughing at them, "saying I cant wait to see the look on your face when the cops let us load the sled up in front of you's, then Im gonna drive away laughing".

i started messing with the Meathead Son, about his gloves some more to kill the time till Police showed up, punching them, telling him those are for bouncers that cant fight, Laughing at the 2 of them,
"your 7 foot tall and you gotta wear those gloves you must be a real P___y", ( I didn't care I wanted to edge him on so he would still be wearing them when the cops show up, make him look like a real douche bag) 1 squad car shows up followed by 5 more. Sweet we got a Cop Party Now! thats what I wanted, to make an example out of him in front of his neighbors.

at this point were dancing and laughing around my truck waiting for the verdict, Cops talked to them, Cops talked to us, and told him we can have him charged for theft, and that if theres damage done to a property you collect a damage deposit not steal someone vehicle. They gave us the go ahead to load the Sled. and boy did she smoke down that ally, up the ramp and into the Truck. I yelled out "I love the smell of 2-stroke in the Morning" The all the cops gave us a thumbs up, and we decided to invite the cops up to whistler for some skiing this season, hahahaha ,they were stoked.

Me and My friend wanted to appoligize to the landlord and his son to show that we might be younger but we are the more mature ones here, but they had already walked away in shame before we had the chance.

Brian Fitzgerald of North Vancouver, that will be the last sled you ever steal, we made a fine example out of you, have fun explaining that many cop cars to your friends family and neighbors.

catching the person that stole your sled and putting them on the spot = $Priceless

When I saw the post by yourself in the STOLEN section on the front page, my heart just about sank to the floor. I initially thought that your new sled that you've had for @ a month or two was already BOOSTED. Was the RMK the same after he got it home or was there damage?

LMAO That's down right funny there.Those 2 tools trying to put it over on you guys,the only way that could have turned out better would be if the idiot son had mouthed off to the cops and ended up going for a ride.What a couple of losers,I guess they weren't as sharp as they though they were.

GREAT STORY!!! You guys should call the producers of worlds dumbest criminals to see if they want to put your story on TV. Maybe you can do a REENACTMENT. HA HA LOL. ;)!

A couple of bucks said:
By the sounds of everything, you probably didn't get a whole lot of sleep being all AMPED up, from that guys lack of common sence.

I followed it up with a 4 hour Tattoo session, and an 8 hour work shift after that, got some rest, 24 hours later, gone sledding, and it was awesome!!.

380306_10150380006464620_507399619_8554414_1200050364_n.jpg

307701_10150380006669620_507399619_8554417_841472818_n.jpg

390614_10150379999509620_507399619_8554405_1065685506_n.jpg

386293_10150380006549620_507399619_8554415_1380097672_n.jpg

312228_10150380006954620_507399619_8554421_1661004383_n.jpg

A couple of bucks said:
When I saw the post by yourself in the STOLEN section on the front page, my heart just about sank to the floor. I initially thought that your new sled that you've had for @ a month or two was already BOOSTED. Was the RMK the same after he got it home or was there damage?

It was a total peice of garbage, but i dont like people that steal sleds!!!
still worth 2000$ I never seen it in action but it felt gutless.
still thats someones sled and maybe thats all they can afford to ride, I got repect for the guys on the older sleds still running them in the backcountry.
I didnt start on a Rev XP, or a Dragon, I bought a beat down mountain Max with what ever money i could find laying around,

Point being everyone has to start somewhere and It dosent help If you got people trying to make a quick score by grabbing up a sled.

Last edited:
Red Necks in Canada too, I skied Whistler for a week once.. Took a day off to go on a Snowmobile Tour.. They were Skidoos boy did my ski clothes ever smell like cheap Mineral Skidoo oil.. Must have been about 1995 back when they were still two smokes,.

Back