old yamaha snocross sleds????

snopro442

VIP Member
anyone know what ever happened to the yamaha snocross sleds after they went to the nytro? Just wondering if anyone knew who had them and if they were for sale.

Im sure they were all contingency sleds so the racers probably had to give them back. From my research they were as follows:

Heavily modded SRX/SXR hybrid
800 open mod viper
RS Nytro (Yuji Nakazawa actually was still racing this in 07 IIRC)
FX Nytro

A Couple Years Ago I Seen One On The Upper Rack In Haucks Storage Building. If I Remember Rite It Was Chris Vincents Sled

I saw one 00-01 SXR sno x machine for sale in Norway (Vangen's) sled. But I didn't have $18300 back then, I was a student. It would be really really interresting to see at least one of them live. However, I do have some of the sheets for making a stock 700 sled into a 99 racer on pdf.

A guy here locally worked on them. Showed me some factory SRX 800 cylinders he had.

Cool stuff.

opsled

Can you take a pic of it? Is there anything special with the chassis being narrow?

I bought a used '98 SRX 700 engine from a guy probably close to 15 years ago now and he said back then that he had seen 800cc SRX cylinders that were prototype for the next SRX but as we all know that never happened.

Back