Moderators please look at this

Mills

VIP Member
When I was on the T.Y. site today every post I went into had one or more words underlined and highlighted in blue. Everytime I brought my cursor over one of these words an online singles dating line pop-up box would appear. Is this something you guys are allowing? I would assume not but thought I should let you know it is happening.

I have attached a screen shot of my computer with one of the pop-up blocks active.
Mills

Attachments

• Pop-up example.pdf
    148.4 KB · Views: 46

I have been on a few times already today and haven't noticed anything! I was even on the thread that you have in the .pdf and didn't see anything.?
You haven't been on any "sites" lately that could be running in the background on your computer have you?
...Just went back to that thread again and don't see anything.

Last edited:
That isn't a virus, but it isn't anything you need/want either. That is the textenhance browser helper object/toolbar. It comes with bittorrent Vuze, as well as other pieces of software. (http://text-enhance.com/)

First suggestion is get firefox and forget about IE entirely. Other than that, get some software like spybot that allows you to pick and choose BHO's. (browser helper objects, basically plugins that run in IE)

Last edited:
smokingcrater said:
That isn't a virus, but it isn't anything you need/want either. That is the textenhance browser helper object/toolbar. It comes with bittorrent Vuze, as well as other pieces of software. (http://text-enhance.com/)

First suggestion is get firefox and forget about IE entirely. Other than that, get some software like spybot that allows you to pick and choose BHO's. (browser helper objects, basically plugins that run in IE)

Good Advice!! ;)!

I'am having trouble logging onto TY 4 stroke. I've registered on there and it told me I had to wait for an e-mail for activation. No e-mail and its been 2 weeks. Did I do somthing wrong?

nauti1 said:
I'am having trouble logging onto TY 4 stroke. I've registered on there and it told me I had to wait for an e-mail for activation. No e-mail and its been 2 weeks. Did I do somthing wrong?

All fixed.

My advice as a PC Repair Tech is to download Malwarebytes, update it and run a full scan. Remove anything it finds.

I forgot to metion that the trouble I am having is on my work computer. We are a company of about 12,000 people so we have a pretty extensive I.T. department and firewall/spam/virus protection system. I am still having the same problem and my I.T. dept has not gotten back to me about what I should do. My virus protection is up to date and the firewall is active.
I cannot go out and download or use spybot or firefox because our system will block it so I am sort of stuck for now. Any one have any other suggestions?

Mills said:
I forgot to metion that the trouble I am having is on my work computer. We are a company of about 12,000 people so we have a pretty extensive I.T. department and firewall/spam/virus protection system. I am still having the same problem and my I.T. dept has not gotten back to me about what I should do. My virus protection is up to date and the firewall is active.
I cannot go out and download or use spybot or firefox because our system will block it so I am sort of stuck for now. Any one have any other suggestions?

Stay off it at work...LOL

I am not sure your overall issue at work, could you please recap the problem?

Mr. Sled -- random words in every thread I open will be highlighted in blue and will be underlined. If I move my cursor over those words pop-ups for dating sites show up or pop-ups that advertise just about anything come up. If I move my cursor off the word, the pop-up goes away. I am pretty sure this is not something T.Y. approves of or installed so I am sure there is a problem somewhere. Got any suggestions?

Mills said:
Mr. Sled -- random words in every thread I open will be highlighted in blue and will be underlined. If I move my cursor over those words pop-ups for dating sites show up or pop-ups that advertise just about anything come up. If I move my cursor off the word, the pop-up goes away. I am pretty sure this is not something T.Y. approves of or installed so I am sure there is a problem somewhere. Got any suggestions?

Sounds like you have a Virus or you company does... I would get them involved ASAP before it takes down your work pcs and system.

Back