00 srx 700 vs 02 mach z 800

Devilin AblueDress!

2000 srx 700 basically bone stock performace wise, long traveled with 196 studs versus my buddies 2002 ski poo mach z 800 bone stock with 144 studs. I am familar with the poo's 800 twins, any know how hard the 800 tripples run?

if the SRX is clutched and the Mach Z is not you'll win by a long shot if the Mach Z is clutched it'll be more of a race then

I've owned both, a mach-z 800 in the right hands is a monster. like needasrx stated if your clutched well and he's not you should slay him. but it sounds like neither have any tuning done. toss-up

YAMMIEGOD3:16 said:
YOUR IN TROUBLE BUD. LONG TRAVEL SKID WILL COST YA THIS RACE ESPECIALLY AGAINST A MACH. 3:16 (yammie tony)
Agreed. Long travel kills speed. I know this first hand.

I have seen a few of those old triple Machs setup well on a big lake that really hall the mail........but then again I have seen a couple 2000 SRX's geared up on the same lake reach some interestingly good top speeds. I know it's a cliche but its all in the setup.

He'll probably jump out ahead at the starting line and stay there. 800 twin vs 700 triple long track. Seeings how you'ld be the underdog here, you pick the place to race to improve your chances.

A couple of bucks said:
He'll probably jump out ahead at the starting line and stay there. 800 twin vs 700 triple long track. Seeings how you'ld be the underdog here, you pick the place to race to improve your chances.

The 800 is a tripple, my SRX is still a 121 just long travel suspension. He is having issues on getting it to even run! He says sometimes it acts like it has no spark and others it acts like no fuel. Told me 1 out of 3 times he trys to fire it up he ends up giving up. He says its ben to 2 different "mechanics" and they cant nail down what the issue is. I couldnt help but to talk smack to him. Told if it was a yami he could go to TOTALLYYAMAHA and we could figure it out! I dont know about the clucthing/gearing on my sled. Its the way it was when I bought it last year. At best I am a novice with clucth end of things.

Sounds like a toss up to me....
Set-up, comditions, drivers, etc will all play into this one. I ran mach 1's and mach z's, they are pretty awesome...

Tenatively planning on getting toghter this week and we will see. Provided it will start. I am pretty sure I can take the race. He has told me he is scared of sled as he has never had it wound out.

my buddy has a 08 1200 4tec skidoo and he can beat those 800s with tht and it has a full mbrp exhaust (header and can) and a clutch kit. and i have a 01 srx tht has a bender clutch kit and hauck growlers and a couple holes drilled into the airbox and i can beat him no problem i had him the whole race he kept with me till about 65 and i pulled away. so you wont have a problem beating him devillan abluedress

Well this race did not take place this season. We both work for miss dig and were trading off who was on call most the winter. The couple times the timing was right he couldnt get sled to start. I talk to him a few times about sled as he was stumped, had taken it to several shops to ellivate hard starting issue. Turns out the previous owner sold it cuz he couldnt get it figure out either. Stop in yesterday and he was telling me the last few times he was able to get it started he had "shrek" hands from pulling on it and didnt want to ride by the time it started. Looked everything over and at full choke plungers were only moving less than half choke. By pulling plunger rail the rest of the way by hand it would fire up 2nd pull every time. We started it 5 times and shut it right off. Even after starting it 5 times it wouldnt start (pulled 6 times) reached in pulled plungers again and presto fired right up again! Hes ordering a new choke cable/lever as its adjusted all the way out now. We will wait and see what happens when snow returns.

Back