2013 model release date is here!

because it is not the sole thing of reliability, it is also a matter of meeting emmision regs and remaining reliable. operating costs end up being lower with a 4 stroke that meets the regs as opposed to a 2 stroke. and it cost them a lot less, they already have the tech

If you want to make money, you have to spend money. You can't expect that people will buy the sleds they have now. They are heavy and they are outdated. Compared to Yamaha, all other sleds have hypersleds now. Nowadays they are really trying to cook up something with no money into it, using off the shelf parts. Have you noticed that the headlamp on the Viking looks suspiciously like the one from 00-02 srx's? They always go for the cheapest solution.
I read their newest blog, Yamaha canada or something. They say they are aware of how we perceive their sleds and they have to discuss their future plans. What future plans? The only thing that would make sense for them now is to quit making sleds, this is getting really embarassing.

norwegian said:
If you want to make money, you have to spend money. You can't expect that people will buy the sleds they have now. They are heavy and they are outdated. Compared to Yamaha, all other sleds have hypersleds now. Nowadays they are really trying to cook up something with no money into it, using off the shelf parts. Have you noticed that the headlamp on the Viking looks suspiciously like the one from 00-02 srx's? They always go for the cheapest solution.
I read their newest blog, Yamaha canada or something. They say they are aware of how we perceive their sleds and they have to discuss their future plans. What future plans? The only thing that would make sense for them now is to quit making sleds, this is getting really embarassing.
could you find me that blog//omg is Yamaha thinking of really throwing in the towel..I guess they have read so much negative things from Yami owners and they just said "F it". And for not wanting to change their models to something more updated and lighter,as potential Yami owners where waiting for years now for something different,you get unhappy Yami riders..Don't tell me they didn't know that with the 4 strokes that they would be heavier while the rest of the industry is lightening up their sleds and increasing HP. They based it on reliabilty of the 4 stroke..save some gas/oil but ride our heavy sleds..As the competition cares about their market share they keep spending to make their sleds better with new tech year after year.Yamaha has basically kept their sleds the same with the exception of a better ski or power steering...oh yeah if you want more HP your gonna have to pay another $6000 plus for a turbo on top of the $17000 sled price..WHAT???

bluemonster1 said:
could you find me that blog//omg is Yamaha thinking of really throwing in the towel..I guess they have read so much negative things from Yami owners and they just said "F it". And for not wanting to change their models to something more updated and lighter,as potential Yami owners where waiting for years now for something different,you get unhappy Yami riders..Don't tell me they didn't know that with the 4 strokes that they would be heavier while the rest of the industry is lightening up their sleds and increasing HP. They based it on reliabilty of the 4 stroke..save some gas/oil but ride our heavy sleds..As the competition cares about their market share they keep spending to make their sleds better with new tech year after year.Yamaha has basically kept their sleds the same with the exception of a better ski or power steering...oh yeah if you want more HP your gonna have to pay another $6000 plus for a turbo on top of the $17000 sled price..WHAT???

the same can be said about the rhino. compare it to the rzr and wildcat etc. All their development goes into motocross and sport bikes. Last year they brought back a snowblower they sold many years ago but whos gona pay over $5000 for a 20 year old snowblower!!!!! not kidding... $5349 actually (before tax)

devinzz1 said:
the same can be said about the rhino. compare it to the rzr and wildcat etc. All their development goes into motocross and sport bikes. Last year they brought back a snowblower they sold many years ago but whos gona pay over $5000 for a 20 year old snowblower!!!!! not kidding... $5349 actually (before tax)
:eek: that much for a snowblower..can you change rivets on its primary clutch for more speed..that is insane..no wander I keep fixing my old 30 plus year snowblower a little every year..its cheaper that way..

didn't people fight like this about 4 stroke sport bikes way back when as well? I still think the 2 strokes will eventually die off, they can only take them so far. hell, with more winters like this they will all stop selling sleds :( who knows, time will tell I guess

Back