The New SRX 120 looks pretty cool!

Arctic cat has been using yamaha motors for 3 years in the 120.Yamaha engine and arctic cat chasis.

i wonder if yamaha will come out with a line of smaller sxrs. if they brought my sled back (sxr500) i would like to see it in a 2 stroke!!!!!!!!!!!

I have 2 YO twins, boy/girl. I was looking at the MSRP and was impressed. Yamaha should have done this years ago.

tomseal6 said:
I have 2 YO twins, boy/girl. I was looking at the MSRP and was impressed. Yamaha should have done this years ago.

x2 i think people are missing the point on this one. it's for kids, not a replacement for your srx. get over it already, any 5 year old would love it

If i did get one for my 3-boys (8yr 6yr 3yr) what am i going to say when the neighbor kids sled is a zr and my boys are riding the same sled but blue I think i will just keep the 340. plus its faster than 8mph the boys said

yeah 8 mph sled is pathetic I think for the money you have to spend on it.The kids will get bored after the first day and will want to go faster..human nature.Better to find a nice ET300 or 340 older sled for them and it will be good to train on and still have some jam to it..

staggs65 said:
x2 i think people are missing the point on this one. it's for kids, not a replacement for your srx. get over it already, any 5 year old would love it

I agree, its just a kids sled. At least you can get one. And it does have a Yamaha motor.

motor may be good,rest of the sled may break down on the trail..and then what good is the Yamaha motor if the driveshaft breaks or something else..maybe it will catch on fire as a lot of Cats are now doing...lol

Just bought one today for my 4 year old. It won't be here till Oct. I think it will be better that the Snow Fox that I bought for him. It is so temprimental. Wet snow it would clog the track and bog out, Too cold it wouldn't start. Kill switch only worked half of the time. It woprked a lot better as a gocart in the summer.

Its a great move for both Yamaha and Cat. I had 4 Yamahas at our booth at the ISOC Grand Finale along with 3 Cats, 2 of the Yamis were used in the test ride track along with the Cats, other then color and name branding they are the same sled.

Maybe you'll like 120's, maybe not, now if your brand loyal to Yamaha, you have the choice the others have had, I think thats a good choice to offer.

The people making comment that they won't hold up or they are too slow, aren't into the 120 world. They all come with a govener that limits them to around 8 mph, its a saftey thing. It takes less then 5 min. to eliminate the govener if you choose and they do about 12-15. If thats not enough theres a whole world of aftermarket stuff that will take them from 4, to 30 HP. They have been used in both oval and Snow X racing for a decade both stock and modified and hold up well.

www.120sledracer.com

Yes a old 250 or 340 sled will work for some kids, but their far to big for many others, now theres an option for everyone and you can get your kids started in organized racing as young as 4 if your so inclined. Good move.

My son has had a 2000 ZR 120 for 4 years, never an issue. It has been a great starter sled for him, 8mph was plenty fast for learning then we bypassed the governer to bump the speed up to 16. Very safe and fun, he would ride till it ran out of gas. Kids dont care about the brand or color so much when they are young, parents usually make it an issue. He has a Bravo to ride now which is a very logical step for a kid. I see far too many kids on large sleds, even triples and that is irresponsible. The 120's are great and it is nice to have Yamaha in the game. It would have been nice to have a mini Apex or SRX but it is not cost effective. We are now going to sell the 120. should paint it blue and sell it for $2500!

Back