New polaris sled(s)

After 500 miles on the pro 163, I am impressed. Spent the time to get the suspension where I wanted it, and it handles the pow and the trail perfect for me. Downsides are the 163 is limited to about 80mph on the trail (never did check and the new m8 is faster) I made sure the clutching was correct from the factory as the offset, c toc and primary width were all incorrect, and lastly I turned up the oil pump. I need to turn the pump back down a little but it was too lean from the factory. Only other issue is I have been reading there is too much clearance on the piston to cylinder which may be leading to the skirt breakage. I will be tearing down my top end this summer to see for myself and finding different pistons if needed.

Not a bad looking sled. Looks like yhey copied the nytros front spindle and a few other components looks to be skidoo

Fuel consumption is great on the 800 as it outlasted a 2011 m8 and a Attak with a 1.25 track in the pow. IMO if you ride aggressive and want a motocross bike feel, this is the sled for you. Belts are expensive, but mine looks perfect at this point. Lastly wind protection is not the best on this chassis, but they make deflectors that could make a big difference.

Also the underseat luggage works decent, but is NOT water proof. They offer a bag that goes inside that helps quite a bit. Handwarmers are OK but they wont dry out my gloves when wet. The underhood goggle bag is the bomb and it will dry out anything you can fit in it. It is not rider forward like a doo.

grape, all sounds good, and like easy fixes. the piston /skirt issue sounds a little ridiculous though. things like that always make me wonder how they test their motors and not discover issues like that. not just one manufacturer, but any of them. the 600 have the same issues?

thats a great deal! im surpised that there isnt a bunch of people hatn on you looking at another brand ( some people...) how much more is the 800 in the us?

tomseal6 said:
Not a bad looking sled. Looks like yhey copied the nytros front spindle and a few other components looks to be skidoo

spindles are from the iq race sled which was made long before the nytro...

I like them they look way better then the rush.Lots of mtn yami riders seem to be switching over to polaris the last 2 years even one of my good buddies.

03viperguy said:
the 800 is just about $11,000 USD pretty good difference

thats costing you $100 a horse. you can get the 600. get it ported,clutched,piped,remaped,etc and get same hp but in a lighter package for about $1500 less. win/win

bluemonster1 said:
so Yami copied them...:o|
not to start a fire under you, but arent you riding on a polaris copy? I remember being at the 97 show where they had all the disassembled Polaris models showing that yamaha could build a better polaris. right down to the running board heat exchangers being thicker. just saying.. nobody has any real "original" ideas. take a guess where electronic reverse came from

IMO if you ride aggressive and want a motocross bike feel, this is the sled for you.

I'm glad you posted that. I got blasted here last year for posting the exact same thing. nice to here the opinion of someone that obviously has actually ridden one ;)!

staggs65 said:
I'm glad you posted that. I got blasted here last year for posting the exact same thing. nice to here the opinion of someone that obviously has actually ridden one ;)!

agreed! the snowtrax sled of the year was also a polaris. Their cat broke down twice! lmao

Have you all seen the new belt system that replaces the chaincase on the new rmk's? looks cool but will it last.

Don't know why it would fail, CMX has been running a belt drive for 10 yrs or more, there is at least 1 other company that sells a belt drive as well. If the price is right ill retro install one on my sled.

had the same thought grape, cmx has been doing that a while
and they put a lot more power in some of their sleds than polaris does, right?

03viperguy said:
had the same thought grape, cmx has been doing that a while
and they put a lot more power in some of their sleds than polaris does, right?

c3 has also been making a belt drive system for years. alot say its more reliable than a chain case because of the gears being bigger and the belt having some "give" in it

Back