04 mtn viper 1 into 2 throttle/oil cable

super1c

Super Moderator
Im just about to order my 04 moutain cable, the 1 into 2 cables. I just want to make sure its longer then the stock 04 viper s cable. I seem to remember its 2" longer but cant find that post now. Its for my riser project. Thanks chris

Chris, not trying to hijack, but does your viper s cable have separate adjustments for oil? Would it be worth trying on my 02 and 03?

Yes the oil cable does have its own adjustment. I just got my riser today. Im going with the powermadd pivot and 6" riser block. Perfect height for sitting with boss seat and standing. But i do have to extent brake and throttle/oil cable. It is way nicer feel then the raised stock bars. They sit muuch flatter. I will take pics when done. Well worth it. The 04 s block is 2 piece and would work fine with your 02/03 viper.

the mountain viper bars are about 3+ inches taller than the shorty vipers. i cant tell you the exact length difference, but i have never had any problems with extensions using the mtn parts. they are more then 2" longer.

just an fyi, is you are intending on keeping the oem parking brake, 03 mtn rx1 cable is usually long enough. go aftermarket for the actual brake line. you will enjoy the feel of the braided lines over the rubber ones.

snowdad4 said:
the mountain viper bars are about 3+ inches taller than the shorty vipers. i cant tell you the exact length difference, but i have never had any problems with extensions using the mtn parts. they are more then 2" longer.

just an fyi, is you are intending on keeping the oem parking brake, 03 mtn rx1 cable is usually long enough. go aftermarket for the actual brake line. you will enjoy the feel of the braided lines over the rubber ones.

Thanks snowdad thats what i was looking for. I already have the break line, went with braided rsi one. Now to order the rest.

super1c said:
Thanks snowdad thats what i was looking for. I already have the break line, went with braided rsi one. Now to order the rest.

I ordered some 03 mtn viper cables when I did a riser on my 03 viper. The mtn cables are a good 4 or more inches longer then the 121in vipers. Hope you go with the yamaha oem cable. I made the mistake of getting some cheap spi cables and they were nothing but junk!!! Oem ones are way better quality. I also heard rsi have good ones too.

Back