Stabil Marine formula

A couple of bucks

VIP Member
Here is my experience w/ this.
I bought at auction, a generator that only ran while in 'choke'. As soon as it was taken off of choke......she petered out. Telling me the pilot 'type' circuits in this Walbro carburator where plugged. So with nothing to lose before tearing the carb down, I put 6-8 times the reccomended amount of Stabil in the tank, pulled the plug, cleaned, reinstalled and fired it up. I let it run good and long on choke to get the fuel w/ the Marine Stabil through the system.
I came back to the generator approx one week later and fired her up again.
It was able to run for a very short time before sputtering out. This told me that at least something was getting into the bowl. Pulled the plug and found that it was completely covered in semi-liquified carbon. So this is telling me that this particular type of stabil is working well getting the carbon out of the combustion chamber and fuel system in general.
Came back to the generator in another week and did the same thing. And it ran even better.The plugs had even more liquified carbon on them. So I cleaned them again.
Did this for a little over a month and now she runs like a top. I peered down into the combustion chamber(as much as I could) and it's clean as a whistle. And obviously the pilot circuit was cleaned out too (the main problem)as it now runs like it was new. Nothing but kudos, great job and a Bravo Zulu for this product.
A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I actually use BOTH. Walmart (please don't start on Walmart...) sells both versions of Stabil at a good price. I have added TOO MUCH stabil though, and had to drain a tank to add back gas... on a quad. I have considered adding ports to inject my concoction into the float bowls at the end of the season... never did though. Not sure if that is a possibility, or an accident waiting to happen.

Back