picked up a new to me bike

mrviper700

VIP Lifetime Member
Just got a 1993 wr500z dirtbike. I had a 87 yz490 before, basicly restored it, rebuilt it and then rode it 3 times....sold it.....dumb move!! :o| :o|
I found this wr500 on craigslist, hadnt been run in 10yrs and went and checked it out. All original still has decals on fenders for 93 octane fuel required and original grips,bars and tires....wow. bought it for $800

Only thing I am missing is the kickstand that bolted on the swingarm, he couldnt find it. anyone have one, they are long discontinued from yamaha. :dunno:

will post a few pics of it.

oh ya, had it running the first night home, cleaned the carb, removed rotten air filter element, changed oil in trans and new gas, started up on 4th kick.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Cant wait to see some pic's. Dirt bikes are a lot of fun, havent done that in a long time. We will all be riding dirt bikes full time if it dont start to snow soon. LOL!

I would love to see some pics of this bad larry. I know Factory Yamaha back in the early 90's converted those to motocross bikes after they discontinued the yz490. Damon Bradshaw raced one quite a bit until they got rid of the 500 nationals in 94'. I love 90's MX.

damon2.jpg

damon.jpg

gonna have to get the repro decal kit for the sides, kinda neat looking blue-green strobes. Seat is kinda like a teal color, definitely differnt! :dunno:

nice looking bike.

you might want to check out moose racing or over on thumpertalk as they have some universal adjustable kickstands availible for the guys that convert offroad bikes to on road.

If you need a loud pair of race pants like the MX picture posted above, lmk. ;). They are brand new even.

I think they are actually the same pink and light blue as the strobe graphics above.

Nice bike though, gotta love big bore 2 stroke bikes.

Those WR's are some fun bikes to ride, here is a pic of my 1990 WR250

YZ250WR008_zpsf5d342db.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
mrviper700 said:
Just got a 1993 wr500z dirtbike. I had a 87 yz490 before, basicly restored it, rebuilt it and then rode it 3 times....sold it.....dumb move!! :o| :o|
I found this wr500 on craigslist, hadnt been run in 10yrs and went and checked it out. All original still has decals on fenders for 93 octane fuel required and original grips,bars and tires....wow. bought it for $800

Only thing I am missing is the kickstand that bolted on the swingarm, he couldnt find it. anyone have one, they are long discontinued from yamaha. :dunno:

will post a few pics of it.

oh ya, had it running the first night home, cleaned the carb, removed rotten air filter element, changed oil in trans and new gas, started up on 4th kick.

I rode this bike quite a bit so far, really like the suspension set up, nice and plush but doesnt bottom out with me on it. Same engine as the yz just a bit more tame with the smaller carb. I added a clutch lever arm extension and it made the super hard clutch pull alot easier,was worth the $$ for it!

Also fianlly found a kickstand set up for it, they are ultra rare!

This bikes a keeper, I like it! ;)!

Back