Crankshaft bearing circlip placement?

'02viperman

Reassembling crankcases... not quite sure how to place the circlips in bearing grooves with regard to the crankcase halves. Should they be positioned in the lower case half? That's how the microfiche shows them. Though, when I disassembled it, I feel like I remember them positioned so as to split the case halves, half of it in top case, half in bottom. Please advise. Thanks!

[QUOTE='02viperman]Reassembling crankcases... not quite sure how to place the circlips in bearing grooves with regard to the crankcase halves. Should they be positioned in the lower case half? That's how the microfiche shows them. Though, when I disassembled it, I feel like I remember them positioned so as to split the case halves, half of it in top case, half in bottom. Please advise. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Looks like you are new here. This post should go into the category that includes your machine which I assume is a Viper. This head to head section is for racing talk between different machines.

thanks....

journeyman said:
Looks like you are new here. This post should go into the category that includes your machine which I assume is a Viper. This head to head section is for racing talk between different machines.

thanks....

lol. good thing you caught it cause I didnt. moved

Wow!

journeyman said:

thanks....
Wow! You a racer? How many trophy you have? Sorry for being in wrong forum. I be more careful next time.

Much appreciated!!

bluemonster1 said:
when I did mine,I went basically half and half. Remembered reading that in the manual.I was wandering about that to at the time...
Thanks guy for the info.

Back