01 srx vs 650 indy

I am a diehard SRX guy but i wouldn't assume it's going to be a cake walk for the SRX. I had a indy 600 that was ported and shaved by HTG with PSI pipes that would absolutely fly in a straight line.

Well I can't say that I ever ran against anything more than stock Indy's out on the trail, but my 83 V-Max with a fresh set of rings at 5000 miles and a comet clutch ate my brother-in-laws new 92 650 Indy. The V-Max was difficult to keep at the top of its game, but when it was, it was ON man, sometimes even surprising me! I rode his sled lots, my 98 SRX would KILL it! Anybody can make something fast with enough money, but apples to apples, SRX man!

95rxl650 said:
Indy 650's around here were and are plentiful. Seems like everyone had a variation of the Indy. Before anyone else had trailing arms and outboard suspension, they were the ride of choice. Everything else were pogo sticks in comparison when it came to the rough stuff.
More to the subject. I had my RXL set up to run with a couple XC 700's in my group and on a good day I could hole shot them everytime and be there on the top end too. For a tank, it was fast. Best radar run on Gillies Lake was 114mph in 2000'.
The first SRX 700's of the nineties came along took the wind right out of my sails. I didnt think there was a stock 700 I couldnt keep up with.
Hence my screen name and my new to me SRX 700.......stock.
Keep in mind that my RXL was fuel injected (stolen from cat), so carb mods/tuning were off the table.
It could be a good drag. ;)!

Rxl's were known to not be as quick as the Carbed 650, they also couldn't be tuned much beyond stock. The Indy 500 efi was in the same boat, and we have one. Never really had an î issue with it, but you can't tune it out side of clutching.
Here's a little bit of reading on rxl and 650. http://www.snowmobilefanatics.net/Triple650Indy

Polaris did not steal that efi from cat. They both got it from another outside company.

That said, that Indy 650 in the op sounds pretty well built. Which may be why he has not posted back. Those Indy triples when tuned were fast, and this one was built too.

YAMMIEGOD3:16 said:
'' tuff to keep a vmax on top of its game ''. WOW SAY THAT AGAIN. 3:16 (yammie tony)

Ya, you know it! I'd love one with modern clutches and flatslide carbs.

Tony..could you post some pics of your sleds...I love the 83-90 Vmaxs. I turned down the chance to buy a mint 83 last season from my buddy. He would have taken $1500 for it but I just didn't have the cash...and they are very hard to find my way. I just love when guys post pics of them...nicest looking sled of that era.

shaddow44 said:
Tony..could you post some pics of your sleds...I love the 83-90 Vmaxs. I turned down the chance to buy a mint 83 last season from my buddy. He would have taken $1500 for it but I just didn't have the cash...and they are very hard to find my way. I just love when guys post pics of them...nicest looking sled of that era.

Pic's
http://www.vintagevmax.com/
http://www.vintagevmax.com/vvforum3/

LOL!!!

This thread amazes me...the initial post in regards to a SRX against a 650 INDY is months old and the intial Member has not been back on the thread since he first posted! Yet this thread seems to have developed a life of its own!
It proves to me the passion both the SRX and 650 Indy have ignited over the years[decades]...it has to be that two stroke tripple addiction that we all suffer from!

YAMMIEGOD3:16 said:
BOB, I DISAGREE LMAO. I THINK HE LOST TO THE POLARIS. lol. 3:16 (YAMMIE TONY)

Yes...If He ran up against a 650 Indy like my Improved Stock, light weight, Decker piped, ect 650 that I raced in the 90s He definately lost!

I've been sucked in to a few threads that were brought back from the archives by someone posting in it. thinking it was a new thread, putting in my 2 cents only to later realize it was a thread from like 2006. lol

Back