01 srx vs 650 indy

got-wood said:
Ya, you know it! I'd love one with modern clutches and flatslide carbs.
I have a 108EXP primary and a Polaris(I no don't say the Polaris word)secondary on mine and it is a whole new machine. I think part of the problem with it being a little finicky was the 1 1/4" belt and the secondary clutch. Sled runs very strong no matter what the snow conditions are. A lot stronger especially from about 60 on up.

hahaha nope I didn't loose we never raced. his sled blew up twice last season so we never lined up lol. but tomorrow is the day. have fresh glare ice on the lake, a fresh 194 lake racers in the srx, still stock clutching tho. I did find out some more about his sled when I helped him rebuild it, the ports are stock. the exhaust sides are polished that's it. we had the heads decked 8 thou. due to warping, they were only cleaned up before not decked. it has slp trail pipes. and 196 mega bites. hes running 10m b's light blue spring 47/? slp helix and black spring. I had the srx out on the lake today and was seeing about 105 on the dream-o-meter before o had to shut it down, was hooking very good about 15ft of spin then 100% hook up. I think we will be close until I clutch then I think I will walk away

make sure you clean your power valves and adjust them. Carbs and clutches. All the preseason stuff. My brother had a 92-93 RXL injected. Fast sled but at the time I had a 97 670 MXZ. Granted my sled was almost new but I would walk him stock sled to stock sled. My 670 vs my brothers 01 srx. Not much of a contest. Thats why I got an 01 srx of my own,lol.. He had chizels in his and for a stock 700 we would almost come of the back of that beast. Had to have a good hand grip on the bars. I would say goos luck in your race but I don't think you will need it. Happy New Years everyone

Well today was the day. Got on the ice around 10 am. Ice was soft but we were both hooking good. Raced 4 times before he had enough. Got him by about 5 lengths out of the hole and just kept on pulling. Race was prob 1500 feet.had about 8 sleds on him at the end. Needless to say he was awfully quite at the fire lol. I have a vid but not sure how to post it

And let me say studboy lake racers hook very well. I have 196 and ended up flipping the sled over backwards on top of me at the end of the day wen the ice got hard. Sled took it pretty well. Bent bars and cracked windsheild.and I broke my thumb. Might be time for some suspention set up to keep the front end down lol

Glad to read you won. Sucks you flipped the sled and broke your thumb. Like Staggs said need to see the vid of that.

Yeah im not to happy but im just glad I got the bars in the chest not the neck or gut. Busted thumb is better then a broken neck or ruptured spleen lol.

And as far as a vid of the flip. Its the only pass of the afternoon the cam. Was off because it was a "just one more pass" deal. Should have just loaded it on the trailer. But noooo lol

O It is. But I csn still throttle with the splint lol. Few asprin and ill be good

Back