2014 sled anouncement

That pic came from the four stroke side. I'm hoping for the same kinda reveal as the 97 sx as well. Even the viper pales in comparison to the 97sx700. Those r still a really sweet groomed trail sled. I would go back to doo before I'd buy a cat

Just checked my e-mail and i got an e-mail from yamaha about the new sleds
The picture is snake skin hmmm. viper cobra rattlesnake.... PYTHON lol
I need to know now! :whine:

http://snowmobiles.yamahablogs.ca/2013/02/08/year-of-the-snake/
This is a blog that I read. Something tells me that it will be snake theme... Hmmmm. Calling it a viper would be a great move from a marketing standpoint. Didnt they (yamaha) sell more vipers than any other sled? I thought i heard that once. The apex has to be close if not more i'd think. And if it has similar styling to the vipers of old, that woul dput me over the edge. Kinda like the new po's. They look pretty good and i think that is because they have styling cues from the 90's sleds. The new camaro, charger, etc. Sometimes you can improve perfect, you can only put it on a new chassis. :) But im bias too. :) :) :)

JDViper said:
http://snowmobiles.yamahablogs.ca/2013/02/08/year-of-the-snake/
This is a blog that I read. Something tells me that it will be snake theme... Hmmmm. Calling it a viper would be a great move from a marketing standpoint. Didnt they (yamaha) sell more vipers than any other sled? I thought i heard that once. The apex has to be close if not more i'd think. And if it has similar styling to the vipers of old, that woul dput me over the edge. Kinda like the new po's. They look pretty good and i think that is because they have styling cues from the 90's sleds. The new camaro, charger, etc. Sometimes you can improve perfect, you can only put it on a new chassis. :) But im bias too. :) :) :)
the SRX was Yamaha's top selling sled of all time I heard.Hope it is something to do with the SRX theme....

interesting read here about YEAR OF THE SNAKE

February 8, 2013

YEAR OF THE SNAKE
I’m not overly superstitious – don’t think twice about walking under a ladder or stepping on a crack but I must admit an idle fascination with the Chinese Zodiac. There’s something about the connection to the animal kingdom and the various similarities the ancient predictions draw from. Interestingly enough, February 10 marks the start of 2013 – the Year of the Snake.
The ancients say things can shift in a big way under the sign of the serpent and those born under the sign should move with caution and be prepared for change. The energy surrounding the snake can be quite positive or negative and overall, signifies steady progress when one applies discipline. Chinese wisdom says: a snake in the house is a good omen as your family won’t starve.
I was born in the year of the dragon and am more or less compatible with the snake as the Chinese believe the snake fell from the sky, an off-shoot of the dragon, which I will take as a positive spin for my year 2013. I find myself looking to resources like the Zodiac and Totallyamaha to help ground the energy surrounding the new model launch that happens every year around this time. After-all they are both filled with Zen knowledge and the predictions of the ancients
The TY thread on 2014 MY Yamaha has grown to over 55 pages and what a fantastic read for someone who has the complete inside POV. For the record Yamaha did not buy any shares in any of our competitors companies outside of KYB shock absorbers, which is kind of ironic when you consider Skidoo now buys their shocks from Yamaha.
Speaking of our pals in Valcourt, I had a weird one last weekend. I was heading down the lake on my kids Phazer when a fella on a red machine veered towards me waving his arms like crazy. As we came together he hops off and starts asking me directions to a local watering hole which as I tried to explain to him, wasn’t easy to find without knowing the lakes and portages. I happened to glance past him at his sled while he was riddling me with questions and had to interrupt - ‘er, uh, hey pal, your sled is on fire!’
I could see some healthy flames licking the engine through the shroud vents and told him to start packing snow into it while I tugged the string to move my machine. When I ran back to him he was acting stunned and kicking snow at it. I threw down and paddled as much snow into the hood as I could while he stood by and watched. More sleds started to arrive and when I realized they were all together and they started to pitch in, I bailed but not without a cruel dig. I asked him if the steaming sled had an E-tec engine (I had just read the formal recall bulletin on the potential fire hazard for all e-tecs). He informed it was not but the expression on the other three guys faces were priceless – they were all on e-tecs!
It is snowing like crazy here and I made the decision to head north to my cabin (and Apex) in lieu of south to the office and the insane gridlock that is surly happening while I write this. Don’t get me going on min-vans and all-season radials… There is a good foot of fresh snow waiting for me and I have the grand idea of strapping on the snowshoes and blazing a new portage trail to circumvent a temporary bridge that is the only way for us to connect to the trail system without a long detour around the river. Something fun about a toque, a chainsaw, a Bravo and a mission with a warm fire and pints waiting at days end.
Cell phone on stun, Stevie Ray Vaughn shredding in the truck, I’m going off-line for a couple of days, hope you get out to enjoy some fresh pow this weekend as well!
cheers cr

only 5 more sleeps if nothing interesting I'm going over too visit Polaris for awhile

BETHEVIPER said:
guys, go over to the 4 stroke side and help out. we are trying for 100 pages by saturday

LOL! Yea its getting close but hard to read. Its starting to get chippy and a little out there. I think we all need snow.

Lets hope for a 2 stroke. Lets hope for a 2 stroke. Lets hope for a 2 stroke. Prob won't happen I know but I'm so impressed with etec wonder what a viper 700 di would run like.

I went to the 4 stroke side. That is getting out of hand! 80 pages of expectations... Bound to be a let down for most of them. (not a bad thing) Im very interested to see what my new sled will look like in 8 years when I can afford one. :) Maybe I'll go from a viper to a viper... [Fingers crossed]

When I see snake skin I think carbon Fiber. How bout a carbon fibre hood . And ultra light weight 4 stoker. To bad it would cost 16000 dollars. I just came from Full Power and Justin said that cat and yami are in cohuits. He said that yami is going to supply engines and use cats new chassis. We shall see. Just dont know how I feel about that

Back