2014 sled anouncement

no replies yet..wander if they will take it off..lol
I notice that Doo guys just hate Yamaha..asked what brand sled they would go to if Doo was gone..answer is Polaris,AC and Yamaha last..go figure.

some close ups

of the new Viper(yamacat)

exhaust looks restrictive for sure.Double chain also like Cats..oh oh!!!

yamahaframe.jpg

yamahachaincase.jpg

yamahamotor.jpg

I just read somewhere where the AC chaincase switched into reverse by itself at fast forward speed and destroyed the whole chaincase..YIKES!! Better not be true..cause this could be bad to happen in a first year Viper...beware of this..did they solve the issues yet...

found it by horkn:

The chaincase with reverse is a real issue. Its the same chain case on the viper. Seen and heard to many issues of this with the best case being that the owner is told to not use reverse until they have a fix (that took all season as they couldn't get parts, out figure out the root cause until after the season). I am not sure if cat ever found the answer to that one. A local acquaintance of mine had a friend brand new turbo cat pop into reverse at speed and it destroys the whole drive train. Not pretty. IMHO its totally unacceptable to have customers sleds fail with no solution available.

Last edited:
The guy that had the cat turbo pop into reverse apparently is well off cash wise, so he simply bought a different sled. He was not out of a sled for more than a couple of days. Must be nice.

Now, has Yamaha done something to the new viper chain case? One can only hope.

I guess Cat expects everyone to come up with cash to buy another sled when this happens..lol good PR they have..blow up one of your new sleds and we will sell you another at premium price..thanks again..$$$$$$$$ in the Bank for new R&D lmaorof!!!!
I would myself be Leary of a first year new design sled.I would wait a couple of years until they iron out the bugs,but someone somewhere will buy them and end up stranded..yikes..not me lol

JDViper said:
They gave me a warning because of language (in the video).... :)
they are not as tough as us Yami guys then..they are Angels then..lol

I guess they wouldn't approve the Angry Ontario Guy video either.now that one they should watching.

Supposedly the na 1100 Suzuki twin is 28 lbs more than the 1049 nytro motor. One of the sled magazines lists the nytro motor at 144 lbs, but i cannot find the weight of the cat. Now the cat 1100 definitely does not make anywhere near the hp of the Yamaha triple. Also, talk is that the Yamaha will have some parts different for better durability like slide rails with less weight removed for better durability.

We shall see. Remember, the ones we have seen are preproduction models. There will be differences in the actual production sleds.

Last edited:
Lasse said:
The above video is my friends sled.
It is a 121" track sled with an Swedish MC-X Turbo.
:sled1:

That is nuts!!!

Not only the sled, but mostly the area you get to ride.
Im amazed, and starting to consider a trip or a permanent move to sweden.

Looks like fun
What do you guys pay for a new nytro in sweden here in canada they are 14000

Back