2014 sled anouncement

coop99srx

What is the release date for the new 2014 sleds from yamaha? I can't wait any longer there is something brewing I Know it! :winterrul :sled2:

http://sledrumors.com/ Looks like feb 20th. Not that 200hp 500lbs mtn sled sounds a lot like what chris from sled talk has been bringing up now and then but who knows. Not till 2015 anyway but does sound cool. Im not due for a new sled for a least 3 more years, waiting for new trucks to be paid off first! Plus this will give me a good look into the future sled design. Now to keep these vipers going another 3 years.

Shafner79 said:
...I heard a merger....

YamaCat :sled1:

arctic cat stated that they will be using the last of their suzuki engine supply in the 2014 models and will be making their own engines in 2015 model year.

Before i moved from trf mn. A lot of my friends that work at artic said they had revamped the line to handle more and bigger 4 strokes, this was right after they did the 120 srx run. Rumor was it was for bigger yamahas.

I like what they are saying about a 200 hp Mountain Max for 2015 that weighs 500lbs or less. If that dream comes true, I'll be buying new for the first time ever.

Hope they pull out some direct injected two stroke tech the have had forever and get there sleds back to the top where they belong. That's the only way I'd buy a new yamaha over a etec

jaws jr said:
Before i moved from trf mn. A lot of my friends that work at artic said they had revamped the line to handle more and bigger 4 strokes, this was right after they did the 120 srx run. Rumor was it was for bigger yamahas.
maybe they will finally and slowly merge out of building sleds and stick to motors only..if that was true..Cat sales would sky rocket and Yamaha would make a mint just selling 4 stroke motors..everyone is happy.Economics and these tough times will dictate the future.The prices have to also start sliding down also,can't see paying the same money as for a small car and only for a few months of the year the way the climate has been lately.
Maybe AC will being building complete sleds for both Arctic Cat and Yamaha together.

I am hoping the srx120 is as close as they come to merging together. Don't know what would b harder giving up yamaha or liking arctic cat

hey maybe Yamaha will sell the 4 strokes to Cat and start up with a 2 stroke like that boat motor..that would be cool..the best 2 stroke out in the industry..give me a 2 stroke like that in a newly revamped SRX chassis..they should just make SRX's and nothin else.

bluemonster1 said:
maybe they will finally and slowly merge out of building sleds and stick to motors only..if that was true..Cat sales would sky rocket and Yamaha would make a mint just selling 4 stroke motors..everyone is happy.Economics and these tough times will dictate the future.The prices have to also start sliding down also,can't see paying the same money as for a small car and only for a few months of the year the way the climate has been lately.
Maybe AC will being building complete sleds for both Arctic Cat and Yamaha together.
Blue rideing a artic cat= the compleat end of the world!!!!! Run for your lives! ;):D :rofl: :die:

hey I used to own an older Cat..Had two Doos in my early years.Only I never had a Polaris yet..got to try one..my cousins swear by their Poos..My cousins son has a turbo Poo..GPS speed 126 mph..not to shabby.

Etec figured out the cold temp thing. I'm betting yamaha traded direct injection tech for arctic cat chassis tech. I saw a bunch of new cats today. Mixed emotions for sure. Then I saw this yesterday. I'm anxiously waiting.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
where did you see that at. looks like a cat but with yamaha blue. I hope they come up with something cool like when they came out with the sx700 in 97 or when they came out with viper. Im in the market to get something new. If not im jumping ship and gonna get a poo. Really like the new indy.

Back