chevty trailblazer

00sxrjoe

chevy trailblazer

Any one eles own a chevy trail blazer? If so have u had good luck with it? Any real problems?

Last edited:

my mother has one the 4wd sucks! it is ok but i would look elts were. her hub barrings go at lest every 2 years! :(

i have an 03 envoy and replaced both front wheel bearings, power steering cooler, struts all around,spark plugs and wires and the water pump. i still have to put a new cam phazer on it but am avoiding it because you have to take it to the dealer afterwards for computer something or other. the envoy and trailblazer share the same platform, mine has the inline 6, and its 4wd.

So do you like em or not worth it even needing work? I am buying a 02 ext trail balzer for 1500 with 180k with bad clutch fan shround rad. Someone did a water pump but did not put fan on tight enough and it all came apart and cleaned everything out.

We had an 05 (non-ext) up until a month ago. Only 66k miles on it. Fixed both front wheel bearings, ABS, gas tank level sensor (which should be a GM RECALL!!), paint was terrible. The vehicle just seemed cheap to me. Talked to a lot of people and everyone has problems with them. Heck, a co-worker of mine has (I think) an 03 and his whole gauge cluster just puked on him this past week. I was also not a fan of how it handled in the snow, didn't want my wife and 2 little ones riding in it anymore, so I sold it. Never again. Bought her a Subaru Forester, yeah, a (deleted,offensive). I told her to put a (deleted,offensive) sticker and a NRA sticker in the back window to confuse people. That is a nice little compact SUV right there. I even enjoy driving it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I was so 'OFFENSIVE'. Didn't realize my simple opinion was so un-tasteful, and didn't think it was harassing anyone directly. My bad, moving on.

Last edited:
chevy tb

O I know they all need work in one way or another I just am not into mini vans and needed somthing with 3rd row seat. But it helps to know what I need to look for.

That's the Internet for yah too many people can take it the wrong way! But really how much more offensive is any thing we type than any thing they put on tv or Vidio based sights? There are just too many dumb people who complain about any thing "Offensive" when they really just need a reality check and think about everything "Offensive" they hear and say in one day. Then think how much more "Offensive" is any pointless thing we type on a websight that is our so called opinion when we can't even express the way we want it to. Sit back and think about that for a waile. The you may realize that how is this that "offensive" compaired to every thing elts that happens in life? Please let me know.

A coworker had one his wife got in a accident the seatbelt didn't lock up and the airbag didn't work she had to take the lifeflight and is still recovering 9 months later!

00sxrjoe said:
O I know they all need work in one way or another I just am not into mini vans and needed somthing with 3rd row seat. But it helps to know what I need to look for.
i hear ya. i dont want to drive a minivan either, thats why i bought the envoy. overall i am satisfied with it. i just put some new tires and an alignment on it and it drives very good in the snow. i am a realist and know every vehical will need work at some point. hopefully i got everything fixed that needs to be, i just paid it off. none of the repairs were that difficult. putting a skid in my sled was harder that anything i did to that envoy!

SRX500kid said:
That's the Internet for yah too many people can take it the wrong way! But really how much more offensive is any thing we type than any thing they put on tv or Vidio based sights? There are just too many dumb people who complain about any thing "Offensive" when they really just need a reality check and think about everything "Offensive" they hear and say in one day. Then think how much more "Offensive" is any pointless thing we type on a websight that is our so called opinion when we can't even express the way we want it to. Sit back and think about that for a waile. The you may realize that how is this that "offensive" compaired to every thing elts that happens in life? Please let me know.

I WAS in violation of forum rules, so Sno-xr had every right to censor my choice of minimally derogatory words and reference to a well know emblem that represents the people that I slandered. I should have thought before typing.

Now that I am out of the confession box, back to the Trail Blazer. Don't do it!

Last edited:
If you do buy one. Check out this website. That site has saved me thousands in repairs. I have one with 185,000 miles. Changed all the fluids over to Amsoil at 500 miles. Still runs strong and no Tranny or rearend problems. The truck has major rust issues underneath thanks to NY Salt.
http://www.trailvoy.com/

Mark

Back