2001 SRX 700 vs. 2000 XCSP 600

Hmm, got a no motion pic of that xc? Also, that video really does not show much beyond a srx in front of a red sled.

Usually a video drag shows start to finish. This was just two sleds on a trail.

horkn said:
Hmm, got a no motion pic of that xc? Also, that video really does not show much beyond a srx in front of a red sled.

Usually a video drag shows start to finish. This was just two sleds on a trail.

Sounds and looks like a good start to finish race. ;)!

Dude1 "okay"
Dude2 "ready?"
Dude1 "yep, go ahead"

The lights in the distance bounce a bit and 2-strokes roar. :2strokes:
Finish line seems to be about where the camera is, but this race is in hand well before then.
#1 :sled1:
#2 :sled2:

I wish all my trails were that wide :bling: , looks as wide as a road! :cool:

the funny thing is, the outcome would be that same if the Poo was a 700 or 800. Looked like a knife at a gun fight.

shaddow44 said:
the funny thing is, the outcome would be that same if the Poo was a 700 or 800. Looked like a knife at a gun fight.
you must not have seen the new poo 800 run. pretty fast. not for very long though. 1500 miles or so:)

Eh, you'd be surprised I guess then. My little slow 2000 xcsp 600 'knife' stock motor, no pipe has taken down some big 'guns' over the years. Some of those 'guns' were triple piped triples.

s10mike said:
you must not have seen the new poo 800 run. pretty fast. not for very long though. 1500 miles or so:)

Or 5000 miles. It seems the 800 polaris pistons from 08- at least 2012 are not of the best quality. After market ones appear to have that taken care of. You hear of relatively few issues with them compared to how many are out there. It is well known that the EPA's stricter requirements don't allow new 2 strokes to last 10,000-12,000 miles like us old tech 2 stroke riders are used to. And that's any of the 3 non yamaha brands.
Or you could have a belt eating, bearing eating, clutch burning, driveshaft breaking 4 stroke from one brand. Lol. But its fast while it runs :-)

s10mike said:

Actually I have run against newer Poo 800's....09 Dragon..had great mid range but like a typicall Poo 800 twin, no top end...my 06 F7 walked all over it. I have also ran against a 2012 Rush 800 LE....My Nytro took it out of the hole and held the lead for over 2000'. Only once in about 5 races did it pull me on the top by barely one sled length....and my clutching/gearing combo was poor and barely pulled 100mph. Poo 800s need gearing and clutching to run well....out of the box they suck!

my buddie with the xcsp got a go pro, so there will hopefully be some better video this year, from the losers point of view hahahaha :sled1: :winterrul :flag: :jump:

the story behind the place we raced was that i was tired of my friend saying that he could keep up with me in a straight line drag. so when we saw a decent length of road thats were we raced. i gave the camera man (his dad) my hat, and he was to throw it in the air as the signal for us to start. as soon as we past his dad we had to brake HARD! because the trail went to the road. honestly i was ready for him to take me of the line, but it never happened, i had him literally from start to finish. im not saying his sled is garbage by any means, i just had to put him in his place is all ;)!

Last edited:

Back