What tools or spare parts do you carry???

For short trips I always have
1) Paper to wipe my nose
2) Water
3) Spare belt
4) Stock toolkit, with 1 spark plug inside.

snomofo said:
Not soft - Refined Jeff, refined!

Tell your Bud-squirt buds to stay seated and ride a little harder.

lol. sorry john, I misunderstood.

now here's a little more "too much info" ignored "mudd-butt" leads to "nail-butt" I think that's pretty self explanatory

Leatherman charge TTi. Snowmobiling without it, would be like watching a chick flick without a chick.....sure you can do it, but it just doesn't feel right.

Another good thing to bring that I always seem to forget is a soft cloth to wipe your shield with. A hankerchief or rags from a tshirt are good.

Cooper0809 said:
anybody carry spare rear bogey wheels?
No but I run 4th wheel kit in all my sleds. Twice this year on 2 different sled i spun a rear axle outside boggie, but was able to keep on going due to the 4 the wheel kit. So that's kinda like carrying one. Lol!

super1c said:
No but I run 4th wheel kit in all my sleds. Twice this year on 2 different sled i spun a rear axle outside boggie, but was able to keep on going due to the 4 the wheel kit. So that's kinda like carrying one. Lol!
hahaha! I guess that will work eh!

The tool pouch inset in my klim backpack has the 4 common size ratcheting spanners, a 13/16 for plugs, plug gap tool a Gerber folding pliers a long bit reversible screwdriver metric long Allen wrenches a dozen of the long 3/8" wide strap zip ties a blast match wet tinder a bag with some dryer lint and the folding shovel. That stays with me so if I ever get separated from the sled I still have it. On the sled is a spare belt 3 spark plugs the Yamaha tool kit and owners manual in case I have to do the emergency ignition bypass. In my tunnel bag I have a second folding saw (that's bigger) 50' of 5/16" spectra rope some surveyors tape and I normally stuff any layers I shed in there because the bag is waterproof.

Clipped on my shoulder straps I have a plastic scraper for clearing running boards and a smaller quick use folding saw.

in addition to the above, I carry an emergency tent, mylar blanket, first aid, some Coughlins fuel tabs, metal cup, a crazy sled (my viper is gettin to the age I might need a tow).. all in a high vis neon Green backpack

This is what I keep on my sled for short trips.
-spare belt
-spare plugs for the 2-strokes
-extra quart of 2-stroke oil for the 2-strokes
-stock tool kit
-spare key for the sled
-a quick fix first aid kit (band-aids, tums, ibuprofen, Kleenex, wet wipes....) what ever you always grab when you're home
-I have a major bleed kit (tourniquet, gauze, Israeli bandage, tape, first aid shears, and a space blanket) Hopefully I'll never have to use this
-tow strap for snowmobiles
-maps
-compass
-lighter
-beanie or hat for the stops
-drink and snacks

On me I usually have:
-phone
-knife or multi-tool
-lighter
-wallet
-cigars

We usually don't ride hard and long, so drink, snacks and cigars are nice on our breaks.

At the truck:
-more spare belts
-more 2-stroke oil
-spare parts
-more extensive tool kit
-roll-up deer sled for the really bad recoveries
-extra riding gear
-extra gas

The old saying goes, "If you don't have it, you'll need it, if you have it, you won't need it!"

I'm also the buddy that has everything so everyone else doesn't have much LOL! :)

Last edited:
One item I started to carry was black electrical tape. On my SRX there is a small coolant line going to the carbs and it sprung a leak and I was pretty much stranded.

I guy comes by looks the leak pulls out some black electrical tape and proceeded to clean the line and do multiple wraps with the tape.

It held long enough to get back to the truck.

Back