What tools or spare parts do you carry???

Cooper0809

I did a search, and couldn't find anything. So I figure i'll just ask what kind of common tools and spare parts do you guys carry with you....especially on longer trips. Because we all know even new sleds, bikes, cars, etc. can break down. Just trying to get an idea of what to carry for next season. I got lucky this year as nothing went wrong. I put on about 1200km and im done for this season. Weather is warming for the next week and a half or so, so the trails will be toast anyways. So what do you guys carry with you?

Spare belt, spare set of plugs, oil, gorilla tape, cable ties, tow strap, flashlight, leatherman, one spare spark plug cap, and the factory tool kit!

My vote would be a set of vise grips after haveing the chain adjuster come loose one year and repaired on the trails.I think a spring remover tool would have worked better but the fitalls do come in handy.

3 plugs, 1 belt, tow rope and factory tool kit, I keep my sled tip top always but I have to say I was riding yesterday with a 98 srx and one of the ignition coils went out (lost spark on #1 cyl.) made me think about carrying a spare coil but on my mm there is a different part number for #1 coil then 2 & 3 coils, I have to check into that and see what the difference is unless someone on here knows?

-Spare belt
-1 litre oil
-3 cans octane boost
-spare plug cap
-3 new BR10ECS plugs
-spare exhaust springs
-tie straps
-Fox shock air pump
-Team Tied clutch belt change and adjustment tool
-Allen wrenches all common sizes on sled
-phillips screw driver
-standard screw driver
-exhaust spring tool
-8,10,12,14,17mm combo wrenches
-8,10,12,14 deep sockets
-3/8 flex head ratchet
-3/8 short and medium extension
-large crescent wrench
-small + medium vice grips
-side cutters
-duck bill pliers
-needle nose pliers
-spare fuel line /syphon hose
-duct tape
-mechanics gloves
-shop rag
-flashlight
-welders small butane torch/lighter with one pack cigars

And when all else fails...cell phone

The Boss seats have a lot of storage space

Spare belt, spare plugs, factory tool kit, tow rope, oil, octane boost,knife, and vice grips.. Those vice grips have helped quite a few people out. cell as well..lol..

Common size wrenched and sockets. Belt plugs the jiggler siphon and a turkey baster.comes in handy if somebody's low on oil or want to start a fire on the fly.

Vt Srx said:
I just carry a tow rope because one of my friends has a Cat.

^^^LoL!!

I carry factory tool kit, spare plugs, tow strap, emergency pull start strap, spare belt, extra oil, octane boost & first aid kit. This is just what I carry on the sled & in my backpack. I keep a toolbag in the truck that has everything from cordless impacts to pliers to Allen wrenches.

In addition to much of the above, I often carry a compass and a motorsports travel safety/emergency kit. I'm not sure what all is in the kit anymore other than I recall it has a tow rope, thermal blanket, matches... I guess I should open it up again and look thru it.

I also try to carry at least 2 flashlights in case one goes out. This came in handy a few years ago when riding with a bud and we had to do some late night skid repair. I actually had 3 or 4 lights and gave him one to use. We went thru 2 lights (batteries don't last long in the cold) fixing the skid. I now have dynamo flashlights and carry at least one, they are the coolest things, just wind 'em up and turn 'em on. One of them even has a few adapters for charging cell phones/electronics. I think the one I've used all season to check maps and such at night hasn't been wound up since last winter!

srx700c said:
I also try to carry at least 2 flashlights in case one goes out. This came in handy a few years ago when riding with a bud and we had to do some late night skid repair. I actually had 3 or 4 lights and gave him one to use. We went thru 2 lights (batteries don't last long in the cold) fixing the skid. I now have dynamo flashlights and carry at least one, they are the coolest things, just wind 'em up and turn 'em on. One of them even has a few adapters for charging cell phones/electronics. I think the one I've used all season to check maps and such at night hasn't been wound up since last winter!

Post a pic or link of that bad boy.

Suprx125 said:
Post a pic or link of that bad boy.

Both in the pic are LED lights. I picked them up through my credit card rewards program, I didn't specifically shop for either style, just what was available at the time. A google or Amazon search, among others, will likely yield unlimited current options.

The light on the left fits nicely in the palm of your hand and has the spring loaded lever on the left that you just squeeze a few times to charge it. On your last squeeze you can hold the lever in the body of the light and it is retained by the little clip that you see hanging out on the right. Unfortunately that little clip is really cheapy and brittle and is hanging out because it is broken so it falls out. For this reason I don't recommend this light if you see one for sale, unless they made the clip better. On the lucky side, the part of the clip that retains the lever is still intact, so with the force of the lever spring it will hold the clip in place when you are done charging. I don't see any markings on the light, just some chinese import I imagine, likely sold under many names if it is still available.

The light on the right is a little more of the cat's meow. It has the DC output with charging adapters and cord (none of which work with my phone though, I primarily wanted the light). It also has 3 switches for the LEDs, so you can have 1 LED lit, or 2 LEDs lit,... all the way up to 5 LEDs lit. The hand crank fits right into the body when not in use. It feels like a relatively quality unit, but put it in perspective as I'm sure it's imported too.
It's a "Wagan Tech Brite-Nite LED Flashlight/Charger Micro", and the hand crank even says "Hand Crank" on it. I thought that was kind of funny, but it is camoflaged in the body pretty well.

Attachments

• SUNP0312a.jpg
    SUNP0312a.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 10
leatherman
zip loc bags - for paper, pensil (never know if u have to leave a message)
roll of bright color tree marking ribbon (good for marking spots on a trail..)

string
first aid
flexible back country shovel/brace,scraper
ratchet strap/tow strap
head light/batts
fire start sticks
matches/lighter
'sardine tin' rescue kit
its map
whistle
folding limb saw
tools
gas
glove liners (sometimes your gloves just are not warm enough)
belt
oil
plugs
duct tape
zip ties
aluminum foil
small flask of some nice 12yr single malt scotch just sayin
cliff bar
jiggler siphon
heat packs
advil
hard candy
water
stashed 50$ bill (emergency money)
GORP
other items i cant remember
a change of underware - ya never know when you have a close call and SH$t your pants! (just kidding) but I do bring a spare pair of socks!!

and finally ---- YOUR SPARE KEY! (what good is a spare when its at home?)

my friends say they dont have to worry because if they ride with me, I probably have it.

Back