Hehe 2013 doo

That sounds like one of the two 800 ETEC Renegade owners I ride with...if it is they forgot to mention that that relic SRX is long travelled and stretched to 144" as well!

Love to be the underdog!

It is fun when they realize a 700 just smoked them. I can't wait till I race more 800 cc sleds. I was smoking a zrt 1000 136 2 weeks ago raced him 5 times no match for my mr viper 700.

Funny they always bring up..."Race him through moguls" its funnier when you blow by them in the 2' moguls on an old relic.....Call me when your doo hits 15,000 miles and is still top of the food chain a decade later.

I don't know whether you're talking to me or.. but I just came back from riding it on the river. Could not see whether I was going 170 or 190 km/h on the speedometer due to the bumps.

bluemonster1 said:
Andy ,where is your SRX..have not seen it racing this season..you gave up on it..that old junk..lol
Found a Wiring harness for it so I should have it running by the end of next week ready for Ice drags ;)!

I went for a 60 mile cross country run this winter with a group of 4 new 800 E-tec's with two buddies, one an 06 Attak and another on a 08 280hp supercharged Nytro. I'm not sure what the all the doos were, one was a Summit and the other was 12 Renegade X. I was quite interested because I thought that if I ever would have bought one, that's the model I would have chosen.

My ride is a 98 Mountain SRX. Stock with the exception of some nice clutch weights and spring with just a stock secondary. Well maintained sled with a freshly rebuilt skid and new 1 1/2" Camoplast-Intense track.

There was a couple places in the fields next the ditch we got to run. A far cry from a set up drag race to be sure, but everybody was blown away by my SRX, she was just and animal that day, like she could smell yellow or something! All I can say for sure is, none of the Yamaha riders can recall what the back end of them doos looked like! Plus when we stopped for refreshments these guys are all saying how awesome my sled sounds, lol. It does! (Bender can) Did I mention that I love my SRX?

Last edited:
Gotta love the Old tripple power and sound! and of course you gotta
love the looks on your buddies faces when the old blues show up at the lake ;)!

Yammi triples rule.. Those doo guys really had their heads shaking..lol.. I say it all the time to the guys I ride with, you get a new machine and you still have troubles keeping with me.. I will keep my old Yammi's and keep spanking those new machines or at least keep with them..lol..

Back