Clutch setup SRX 440 E

McDuke

Is there anyone that have a good clutch setup to my 1981 SRX 440 E. It has the comet 102 C primary clutch.

YAMMIEGOD3:16 said:
YELLOW SPRING. (203475A) N-1 WEIGHTS (209642A) . ENGAGEMENT AT LEAST 5000. 3:16 (yammie tony)
or the long comet purple works great with those weights ..............sorry do not have the part # on hand ..........

The comet purple spring is part number 207758A

Those N1 weights will be a real bear to find a set, it took me almost 6 mos to find some, hard to find. :o| You might have better luck on vintage sleds.com and post a wanted ad for the spring and weights, works great in a 81.

Like Tony mentioned those need a very minimum of 5000rpm engagement speed or they are a pooch. I opened up the notch in my N1 weights along with that purple spring and 2 thin shims I have 5800rpm engagement speed, rips out of the hole! ;)!

There is a yellow spring in it, i'll check The weights tomorrow.
Jetting the stock butterflies carbs. What do you recomend, I run at sealevel and up to about 1000 feet.
I bought The sled 8 years ago from US, have run it one time 6 ore 7 years ago, only for a 100 yards. Going to a wintage Meeting on Friday, what do i need to check before I start it up?

GLAD THESE GUYS BACKED ME UP. THIS IS WHAT TO USE, FINDING THIS STUFF IS ANOTHER QUESTION. THAT YELLOW SPRING WAS CALLED OUT WHEN YAMAHA UPDATED THESE CLUTCHES WHEN THESE SLEDS WERE NEW. THE PURPLE WILL BE WAY EASIER TO FIND. 3:16 (yammie tony)

comet went out of bussiness thats the reason they are so hard to get. So if the dealer doesnt have them in stock they likely wont come in and be on back order which will not come in because of first sentence. This is what the weights look like.

N1 weight is made from a c1 arm, its the engagement flat thats ground in them that makes them the N1 weight.

Attachments

• 380653.jpg
    380653.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 15
MY READING THAT RIGHT. $100 FOR ONE WEIGHT. anyways the comet n1 started life as a c-1. comet acutally flat spotted them which helped with engagement and added the pin bushing. thats why these weights worked really good for racing. with a good spring and a shim or two high engagement was pretty easy to accompish. 3:16 (YAMMIE TONY)

I got the comet purple spring part number 207758A and the N1 weights. There was a square yellow spring in the clutch. Witch spring shall I use ??

the pruple spring will be more engagement speed and work overall alot better then the sq. yellow will

Attachments

• PolarisPrimaryDriveSpringChart.jpg
    PolarisPrimaryDriveSpringChart.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 12
I just bought a new Comet 102C a month ago. I also have 6 new N1 weights. New purple spring, used square yellow spring. Maybe it was yellow, I dont remember. Motor is in the sled now with all cables and hooses connected. Have 20 liters of fresh gas and a bottle of 2 stroke oil in the garage. All I need now is some free time to finish this project.

Back