Tar Racing For Me 3:16

YAMMIEGOD3:16

WELL GONNA RUN THE TAR AGAIN THIS YEAR. LAST YEAR I RAN A 97 700 SX, THAT SINCE HAS BEEN SOLD, THIS YEAR ITS A 2000 SRX 700. PRETTY MUCH JUST A STOCK BRACKET RUNNER. HOPE TO SEE 10.80,s. 3;16 (yammie tony)

Last edited:

Good luck and have fun. Amazing how fast they are on pavement. I read about an Attak in 06 that was stock other than the requisite track, skid and ski changes that ran 10.4's one after another! Consistency is the 4-stroke strong suit. You'll have your work cut out for you.

I plan on setting up my prostock srx 800 for asphalt this year. We lost our ice series up here this year (right in the middle of my build) so I either switch to tar or just run grass. I've got some questions on the Tar setup in the suspension departmant. So I'll be hitting you and others up for info when I get closer.

You should see 10.80's not problem.My buddies bone stock 01 srx went 10.69@117 consistantly with a 22-38 and stock clutching,stock jetting with no air box.He only ran it one one night we never got to tweak it.It was horiable 60fts 1.59 every pass.

JM.02c

[I have not run TAR so take it for what its worth]

-I would lock the Power Valves open and clutch it accordingly just like its a Red Head...my improved stock 700SX still beats my heavily massaged 2002 SRX in a drag race even though the SRX has power valves and the SX does not

-I would run a 2000 and up[twin head light] SXR Red Head 700 CDI...since the power valves have been taken out of picture the non power valve 700 SXR CDI timing can be taken advantage of.

Again...JM.02c

Good luck out there Tony you might find a 10.50
I should be on the tar in may and are hoping for low 10.s

THANKS GUYS. WE HAVE THREE 700 SX,s ONE HAS GONE 9.96 @ 123. BUT IS 390 POUNDS. OUR NEXT ONE IS A IMPROVER HAS RUN 10.21 @ 122. AND NOW HAS BEEN UPDATED WITH SOME EXTRA PORT WORK. ONE I RACED LAST YEAR IS GONE, BUT WAS A 1997 700 SX 700 SINGLE PIPE RIGHT OFF THE TRAILER. 11.28 @ 110. THIS YEAR THAT SLED WILL BE REPLACED WITH MY 00 SRX. 3:16 (yammie tony)

Last edited:
Tony Do you know if you can still get the rivits for the YP clutch weights. I have one for my 81 I would like to set up just to take to shows once in a while? Also looking for a Yamaha clutch spring for the same it was a Yellow/White spring if anyone has one they would like to sell .

THOSE RIVETS SHOULD AVAILABLE IF YA HAVE A PART NUMBER. OR POSSIBLY A OLD DEALER. JEFF THOSE ARE RARE. ALL WERE CANNED FOR COMETS. VINTAGEVMAX BEST BET (yammie tony)

Back