02 SRX vs 09 Polaris Turbo

sideshowBob

VIP Member
02 SRX vs 09 Polaris Turbo***UPDATE***

We finally had a Polaris show up for one of our Rides Yesterday...first one in 4 years since we left a 900 Fusion dead with grenaded engine after a 10mile + high speed lake run.

The sled was a fairly high mileage 2009 Polaris Switchback Turbo that has been heavily massaged...and VERY loud.

The rider was itching for a race to show what he had so of course he was stocking my 144" 2002 SRX as it is by far the oldest and smallest of all the sleds in our group.

I must admit this sled moved a lot better then I expected but, fortunately, not quick enough or fast enough to get ahead on my SRX, I must admit this little 750 Turbo did move...he had no trouble with either of the two Nytros in our group.

Last edited:

***UPDATE***
I guess we won't be seeing a Polaris again on our rides for a while as that mod Pol Turbo burned down on the way back home and came back being towed by a...Doo...motor is completely TOAST!!!

thats too funny! i was gonna post to do a teardown after that race, that you may have beat him worse than you think. then you updated. nice work sideshowbob. 11 year old srx FTW!

Those fst's were really quite fast. Some faster then others due to the tune on them. Newer ones have the over boost which made them have 20 more HP for a few seconds. They also had a few little issues that could create real issues if not taken care of. After that though, they were solid, and fast. They routinely are faster than new 800 etecs. The switchback versions were very fast, due to the UN coupled skid allowing them to hook very hard.

Note, the 02srx was a very fast sled. Doesn't it still hold the record for fastest stock sled? A cat turbo should be faster, but maybe those break something before the record falls?

I still will try to find a 2 up fst for next year. If I can't, I will find a 4 stroke venture.

the season we just got out of, i raced my buddies 1000 polaris turbo 2 up. ( i know thats a different sled, but its a polaris, and a turbo, so what evs). i was i thought because it was a 1000 turbo i wouldn't have a chance, but i beat him. it was close though. i maybe had him by 2 sleds? i cannot remember i never really look back, i keep my eye on the prize hahaha

Back