2002 SRX vs 2012 800 ETEC Renegade, 2011 Nytro XTX, 2013 Apex XTX, 2009 Apex

sideshowBob

VIP Member
We had probably our last ride today for the season and we lined all the sleds up on a 2+ mile hard packed lake.

3/4 across the lake I was ahead of all the sleds with my SRX...speedo at @ 115mph..thats all my sled had...and I watched the 2009 APEX slowly walk by me...I initially was well ahead of the APEX until about a mile into the run.
The order of finish after 1 1/2 miles:
1 2009 apex
2 2002 SRX 144"
3 2012 ETEC 136"
4 2011 Nytro XTX 144"
5 2013 Apex XTX 144"

Great day...lots of fun!

its ported and other work done to motor..for a 144 hauls good..seems a tad slow to the Apex...lol..but Apex is not long travelled otherwise it wouldn't pu on his SRX..just look at the Apex with a 144..it was dead last..All them sleds are really slower then the SRX,not bad for 11 years old...

hey Bob,if that SRX of yours to to slow..I will take it off your hands..since I read once that you may build your own sled instead of buying anything new...

bluemonster1 said:
hey Bob,if that SRX of yours to to slow..I will take it off your hands..since I read once that you may build your own sled instead of buying anything new...

My SRX does work well...the Nytro behind us was getting 107mph on his GPS and he said we were just walking away from him.

That Apex has me thinking...I have been looking at used sleds all day trying to figure out what i am going to put together.
As I have always said...
I want 175+hp, 4 stroke, 4 cylinder, 500lbs...I am very close to making the plunge.

SSB

YAMMIEGOD3:16 said:
APPEX,s HAUL ON THE BIG END. NEVER STOP PULLING. 3;16 (yammie tony)

And thats a fact...I witnessed it first hand. I had him in 660, 1000, even at 1mile LOL!! but not forever!

I think I could work with a 2010 APEX as my next platform....

YAMAHA is working on a turbo kit for the new Viper and have upped it from 180 + to 200 hp, warranty intact!

sideshowBob said:
We had probably our last ride today for the season and we lined all the sleds up on a 2+ mile hard packed lake.

3/4 across the lake I was ahead of all the sleds with my SRX...speedo at @ 115mph..thats all my sled had...and I watched the 2009 APEX slowly walk by me...I initially was well ahead of the APEX until about a mile into the run.
The order of finish after 1 1/2 miles:
1 2009 apex
2 2002 SRX 144"
3 2012 ETEC 136"
4 2011 Nytro XTX 144"
5 2013 Apex XTX 144"

Great day...lots of fun!
Good Job always like too hear when the SRX's are ahead in the group just a reminder what is done to your SRX besides the 144, is there any motor work done? :2strokes:
My buddy picked up a 13 XTX apex and he couldn't get me off the sled this sled is awesome, but I'm not going buy new when I have the other 2 Yamaha monsters in the yard :sled1:

I was out yesterday with the big 4 nothing sounds better than V4 at WOT other than the SRX. we still have 3ft of snow in the mountains and 1-2ft around home here, still can ride another week or so here the lake will be intact for awhile too there is still 3-4ft of ice

My 2002 SRX is not stock...has ceramic coated Power Inc pipes into stock canister, ported, TM 38s[off of XCR 800], Team Tied secondary, 144" 1 1/4 ripsaw, reverse, Fox Floats, long travel , ect, ect , ect...

The 2013 APEX XTX that finished last has a 300lb rider and a windshield that would do a Kenworth proud!

Last edited:
2012 Etec

My son wanted to try somthing different so I got him a new 2012 TNT 800R ETEC....it's a 120"......ours seems to be a "good one" so far. I'd like to see how our sled would have faired in that race. This sled pulls from the line & never quits. It's crazy how hard it is still pulling at 100mph. Havn't raced it for 2 miles yet though!!

Madmatt

My 98 MOUNTAIN SRX ate every 800 E-tecs it came across this winter, all three of them. SRX is stock except a bender can and aftermarket primary clutch spring and weights. It did a 800 Polie this winter too! I'm pretty happy.

Back