summer contest build DRAGULA

Thanks Guys

Thank you all for the well wishes, Cody is doing great and said dont stop the build,he wants to see me race this year, but will see, so I will keep going when I have time.
This 2 weeks have been a mind melt, and life changing, but we are a tuff bunch here.
crank is done
Thanks again all
Glenn

Attachments

• rsz_002.jpg
    rsz_002.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 10
  • rsz_2001.jpg
    rsz_2001.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

I am going to start sanding my vmaxmike hyd brake bracket, getting it ready for polishing
My son is now at home thanks again guys
G

Attachments

• 22222.jpg
    22222.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
So You Want To Polish Your Motor

Seeing that its daddy's day I thought I would throw this up as there's been people that have been asking me how I did this.

First you must clean and degrease your parts.

Second I used a product that is called greaseless compound. This turns your buffing disc into a sander. Picture below is a household drill with greaseless compound applied. You must let it dry on the disc for about 10 minutes or you can use a hairdryer to speed this up. I used 80 grit, 120, 220, and 320 grit. Preparation is everything when doing this. There is a picture of the jug sanded.

Third by using an average bench grinder I polished my parts in 3 stages. Black - rough, brown - medium, and white- fine.

The tools I used to do this was a power drill, a dremel, and a bench grinder.

In general questions at Vmax4.com I have a thread there called motor polishing. I don't know how to do a link on here for you guys but I hope this helps. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I'm a sharing kind of guy.

Attachments

• rsz_2001.jpg
    rsz_2001.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 14
  • rsz_013.jpg
    rsz_013.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 11
  • rsz_006.jpg
    rsz_006.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 9
  • rsz_005.jpg
    rsz_005.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 11
  • rsz_003.jpg
    rsz_003.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 13
  • rsz_11002.jpg
    rsz_11002.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 9
Here are a few more parts- cover so I can remove the headlight and a wheel kit for the suspension.

Still waiting on a local engine builder to go over my pistons and head.

Attachments

• rsz_002.jpg
    rsz_002.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 6
  • rsz_011.jpg
    rsz_011.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 5
We now have a name for our racing team. It will be called Team Dragula.
I have purchased a set of 38 mm carbs for my hotrod and am awaiting their arrival. Jugs have been sent out for deglazing and I will be motoring to Wisconsin next month to pick up more parts.
This summer has been more than a brain drain for me and my family and I haven't cared about much of anything this summer, especially my sled. With the return of some brain cells I am now excited about working on my hotrod again. I hope to have it finished in time for the contest but there's still lots to be done.
Stay tuned

I will be dedicating this build to my wife and son.

Last edited:
Stopping Power

Got this bad boy done :bling:

Attachments

• rsz_011.jpg
    rsz_011.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Done

I am now done all my polishing and powder coating. I hope to be putting the sled together after Hay Days. After 3 + years I'm dying to see what it will look like. Won't be able to custom paint it till spring. Otherwise I'll be divorced and she'll get the sled in the settlement...lol
All powder coating is done by Jay at www.rideind.com he is an awesome guy and is great to deal with. He's also one of my sponsors. Please check out his website he doz killer work!

Attachments

• rsz_002.jpg
    rsz_002.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 7
  • rsz_019.jpg
    rsz_019.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 4
  • rsz_018.jpg
    rsz_018.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 4
  • rsz_008.jpg
    rsz_008.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 6
  • rsz_001.jpg
    rsz_001.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 3
  • rsz_003.jpg
    rsz_003.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 5
  • rsz_013.jpg
    rsz_013.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I spent the weekend trying to figure out where my sponsors names are going to go and made some good progress using my mock up hood.
I never get tired of looking at this.

Attachments

• rsz_004.jpg
    rsz_004.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 10
  • rsz_006.jpg
    rsz_006.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 7
Got more parts in, for the project, just needs paint
Thanks Skinner

Attachments

• rsz_001.jpg
    rsz_001.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 3
I've made my decision on the paint I will be using. I'm going to attempt to spray chrome my sled and then cover it with a candy purple. I'm going to start with the nose cone to see how well it works. Should have the product by next weekend. If it works it should be one bad *** looking Vmax

Back