summer contest build DRAGULA

staggs65 said:
Thats what i'm doing with my race sled, except i'm going black chrome. what are you using for the chrome?

I am getting the stuff from alsacorp, how about you and have you done this before?

Thanks Jeff for hooking me up with your paint guy. Unfortunately the shipping cost squashed it for me so I'm looking into having my sled wrapped.
Here are some pictures of the custom billet battery holder that I got.

Attachments

• rsz_072.jpg
    rsz_072.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 10
  • rsz_073.jpg
    rsz_073.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 9
Yamahakid01 said:
That is bad *** never thought of doing that great idea where did you get the mount ?

Skinner from Maximum Velocity Racing hooked me up with this. I'm pretty sure there is a guy on Am snow that sells these. Its a lot more convenient to just switch the batteries out rather than having to charge a small battery between rounds.

I might run a electric water pump to in the future, I was told it will save 2 to 4 hp on the vmax4, the battery holder is sweet and I have 3 batterys with it and a charger
Some of my palz run the electric water pump with this battery set up

Side panels on my max were a little rough so I sent them out for body work. When they get back I will take some pics of them for you guys. Then it will be either House of Colors paint sprayed on by me or I will be getting the sled wrapped. Will keep you guys updated as the project goes along.

Waiting for my helix to come in so I'm going to start working on my clutches. Looking for opinions, the outer edge of the clutch, should I paint it black or polish it? Took 2 pictures, one with flash and one without so you guys can see the way the purple changes color in the sun. I know I'm not done yet but its been a hell of a summer and I will keep posting till this thing hits the track.

Attachments

• rsz_003.jpg
    rsz_003.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 12
  • rsz_004.jpg
    rsz_004.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 10
Switching gears again, I've been melting my brain on the color scheme and design for my sled. I am now hooked up with Tom from TNT vinyl designs, who is a member at Vmax4.com. He is now reproducing factory decals for the Vmax 4. I will be going with a 95 decal package only I will be changing the colors of the decals to match the colors of my build. This I believe will give me that clean, cool custom look. I will post pics as this goes along.

Waiting for my helix to come in so I'm going to start working on my clutches. Looking for opinions, the outer edge of the clutch, should I paint it black or polish it? Took 2 pictures, one with flash and one without so you guys can see the way the purple changes color in the sun. I know I'm not done yet but its been a hell of a summer and I will keep posting till this thing hits the track.

That is bad A$$. I think a polish would look awesome in the light agains the puple in the sun!! Once again nice job, awesome.

Thanks and yes going to polish it, it should look good next to the black bulkhead, it sure has been a hell of a project and cant wate till its done
G

Decals

A couple of phone calls to Tom at TNT Vinyl designs and we have a winner. He sent me out a sample that I got yesterday and it is perfect!

Because he laid the color over the chrome the purple changes color in the sunlight like my powder coating
Its a 95 decal package using my colors,
What do you think

Attachments

• rsz_006.jpg
    rsz_006.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 10
  • rsz_005.jpg
    rsz_005.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 14
  • rsz_007.jpg
    rsz_007.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Well Im still working on this Bad Boy motor is sent out for some go fast work, the plan is to run the 10.20 index class at the AM Snow Shoot Out in 2015, I will post some more pics as it comes togthere

Last edited:

Back