summer contest build DRAGULA

turch

I am building my dream machine that is on the top of my bucket list. It is a 94/ 95/ 96 Vmax 4 that I'm building for asphalt racing. I have been working on this for 2 and a half years as time and money permits. It is a running joke when I talk about the race track with my friends as they say " Sure it'll be on the race track this year" lol

I have spent a lot of time experimenting and learning the proper procedures for polishing cast aluminum. 90 % of all cast parts on my sled are being polished, the rest are being powder coated in candy purple and black. The sled is completely disassembled and I have a few more parts that need to be powder coated and polished.

Sent the crank out and found out today it needs a complete overhaul so it should be done in about a week. The picture of the motor is just the shell, it isn't built yet.

I also received my custom headbolts that came from Chicago. The head bolts I will be using are for a custom motorcycle and you will see them when the motor gets built. I will be picking up some more parts that I had custom made in the US shortly. So I will add more pics as we start getting parts and putting it together.

Hope you enjoy.

Attachments

• rsz_rsz_turchs_toy_1.jpg
    rsz_rsz_turchs_toy_1.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 21
  • contest 1.jpg
    contest 1.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 18
  • rsz_dsc00818.jpg
    rsz_dsc00818.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 19
  • rsz_1rsz_dsc00848.jpg
    rsz_1rsz_dsc00848.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 17
  • rsz_dsc00762.jpg
    rsz_dsc00762.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 13
  • rsz_dsc00749.jpg
    rsz_dsc00749.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 15
  • rsz_dsc00738.jpg
    rsz_dsc00738.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 16
  • rsz_dsc00773.jpg
    rsz_dsc00773.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 16
  • rsz_1dsc00717.jpg
    rsz_1dsc00717.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 14
  • rsz_rsz_turchs_toy_2.jpg
    rsz_rsz_turchs_toy_2.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 16

Downloaded pics they don't seem to come out in the order I put them in, sorry. Here's some more

Attachments

• contest 3.jpg
    contest 3.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 28
  • rsz_rsz_dsc00810.jpg
    rsz_rsz_dsc00810.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 17
  • rsz_rsz_dsc00808.jpg
    rsz_rsz_dsc00808.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 17
  • rsz_rsz_dsc00772.jpg
    rsz_rsz_dsc00772.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 17
  • contest 2.jpg
    contest 2.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 17
WOW! Amazing man very nice. I'm in process of polishing my tunnel on my srx. Any tips or secrets you'd want to share in the polishing? I can't wait to see finished pics

99srxracer as far as the tunnel goes, once you have the paint stripped off take 0000 steel wool and rub till your arm falls off, then put a buffing wheel on a drill and some aluminum polish and have at her.
Good luck with your tunnel.

Well I'm still waiting on my crank to be done. I thought I would throw up a picture of the custom head bolts I'll be using.

Attachments

• head bolt.jpg
    head bolt.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 14
Turch- I have faith you are going to finish this beauty but think you are going to keep it in your living room! I know it's not going to be used on the grass! Those head bolts are really cool!

Glenn, I've been in your sons shoes. 8 broken bones, plevis in 3 places, torn aorta, wheelchair, etc. Im not much good right now (besides praying for you guys), but let me know if there is anything i can do from here. I've been down that road, so dont be too shy to ask.
Jason

Cody is doing well, he still has some pain but not to bad, he had all of the tubes removed from him and he said he feels better
Thank you for posting guys
G

Last edited:
wondering why you said you where out of the summer build ............my prayers go out to your son , you and the rest of the family .......hope for a speedy recovery ....

Mike

My prayers and hopeful wishes go out to your family. Be strong and you all will get through this. I know I'm going to hug my son just a little bit harder tonight when I see him.

Back