Summer Project Contest - The snake goes mono

JDViper

Lifetime Member
Website
s1231.photobucket.com
Well, Figured Id throw my hat in the ring. Going to put a mono skid out of an attack in my viper. I have a few other things too, but I'll wait on them yet. For those of you who dont know, im in a wheelchair. A hard bump I didnt see coming, can ruin my day. I obviously cant stand up to avoid the pounding. I have done all I can to upgrade my pro action skid, but its time. This is unwrapping the present. :)

I got it all out and did a once over. saw the W arm was welded and it needed a bunch of wheels. Selled told me about the wheels, not the w arm.

Im not kidding when i say this: the w arm broke in two pieces when i finally got it all apart. The previous owner had this on a turbo attack and im pretty sure he was a big guy.

So now im on the hunt for a standard shock. the one i have is the EC model (which is for sale and in need of a rebuild). I have a big boy spring too if anyone is interested in that.

Got it all ripped apart and Im sending it all to the powder coaters after I find a w arm.
OH! And I got my new sign hung up too! :)

Here is the rest of my list:
rear cooler install
temp gauge
nytro tail light install

maybes:
studs
revalve front shocks
add seat foam
red under glow lights
clutch tweaking
belly pan side panel switch so my hood fits right

I'll have to see what time and money permit.

Have you considered having the shock you have redone by Carver or Pioneer? I'm reasonably certain they could make it a manual adjust shock in place of the electronics, besides Ohlin's are the best!

SWEDE said:
Have you considered having the shock you have redone by Carver or Pioneer? I'm reasonably certain they could make it a manual adjust shock in place of the electronics, besides Ohlin's are the best!
That is exactly what my plans were. I talked with pioneer a few weeks ago about doing the e/c manual swap. I just figured I'd put it for sale if someone was looking hard for one. I'll probably send in my fronts with the rear too.

Looks like a cool project and thanks for the shout out for my kid a hard bump can be a bitch looking forward to see it come together

Love those vintage yamaha flags red white and black.

Will keep an eye on your skid swap, I might just plop one in Darth Viper since the old skid is still sitting next to him uninstalled, post lots of pics...lol

Are the mono shock and mega float skids the same with just the difference being the different shock? So I guess my question is, can you throw a float in place of the standard shock?

JDViper said:
That is exactly what my plans were. I talked with pioneer a few weeks ago about doing the e/c manual swap. I just figured I'd put it for sale if someone was looking hard for one. I'll probably send in my fronts with the rear too.

How much is it to have the shock switched over to a manual from pioneer? I found a 121 mono for my viper thats not to far from me but it has the same ohlins ec shock.

My old MX-z 550 i had to weld all the bars on the skid, the idiots here took her and ran her hard, bolt cutters were used

Agpetro said:
How much is it to have the shock switched over to a manual from pioneer? I found a 121 mono for my viper thats not to far from me but it has the same ohlins ec shock.
Im looking far and wide for a controller like this to use...

JDViper said:
Parts going to powder coating this week. W-arm to half baked for beef up kit.

I just texted them tody and they said they no longer offer the beef-up kit. What's up with your parts?

I had been talking with him for weeks so im pretty sure mine was the last or close to the last one they were going to do. There is another guy looking into doing it now. There is a thread under the apex area about it .

Back