Winter tire reviews

Yeah, the reviews are very good, warrantee very nice, and sears had them for $106 each. Hard not to try them out for all of those reasons.

Yes, it is a jeep thing. My mom had a wj ltd v8, and my brother had a cj7 I restored, and later a 2000 xj.

I love my Audi 4.2 v8 all road, but the new Cherokee trailhawk has me interested. Plus I get big discounts on most new brands of cars because I work for a supplier to the auto manufacturers now.

I have cooper discovery AT 3's on my new to me f150 and love them. Don't have a pic of them on the new truck but have one on the old f150. Love these tires!!
pa7ezyzy.jpg

iPhone using Crapatalk

Yeah, the reviews are very good, warrantee very nice, and sears had them for $106 each. Hard not to try them out for all of those reasons.

Yes, it is a jeep thing. My mom had a wj ltd v8, and my brother had a cj7 I restored, and later a 2000 xj.

I love my Audi 4.2 v8 all road, but the new Cherokee trailhawk has me interested. Plus I get big discounts on most new brands of cars because I work for a supplier to the auto manufacturers now.

I would NOT be looking at a new Jeep. I have a WJ and Explorer 4x4 both 2002 and my wife got a 2009 Jeep Compass. The Compass has spent more time being repaired and parts thrown at it under warranty than these and others all together even though they were bought used. Quality of Chrysler is terrible and buying a new in warranty vehicle you'd expect not to have trouble. It was a full time operation taking it in to get fixed time after time, now with the warranty done I am doing it myself but never again. Customer service is also horrible with them. I can't think of a problem done right the first time some up to 6-7 time plus return after parts ordered since they don't stock parts.

Not much left original in that Compass (body, engine, steering rack and some front arms). Things that should no go or built poorly including gas tank, all struts, transmission, dash, computer distribution box (6 of them), control stack multiswitch for lights, HB, fogs etc, both CV front shafts and many output seals after the new transmission was replaced comes to mind.

Last edited:
Yeah, but I've not heard one good thing about a compass or patriot. The mom's wj was a pile of lemon crap. The zj I had for a ton of miles as my mom's, then replaced with the wj. The zj was solid. But it was a 93, built in 92, one out the first of the line and had a real tranny in it. Yeah I had a rear Dana pinion break, and the viscous coupler was acting up on my NP 249 transfer case, but it never left me stranded.

That said, I don't think I would keep any new Chrysler product past the warranty. Funny thing is that the new Cherokee is more fiat than Chrysler, and the grand cherokee is a lot of Mercedes, Durango too.

The Compass and Patriot are built on the Cabibre chassis. Suspension and power train is identical. Other than engine options right down to the brakes they're all the same. So its a car pretended to be a kind of cross over because its no SUV. Its a Fiat ideas as I heard as well. Poorly conceived alternators are know to be a problem especially in the 2007 year. The engineer if can call him one decided but put it just above the AC compressor shoe horned in. Its a major job to change it from underneath since the compress is in the way and needs to come out for access. Most sensible vehicles have then up top in the serpentine belt ring for access. I just did the Explorer two days ago and it was a piece of cake. Very easy to swap. They use an ADP pulley which has a high failure rate on them. I don't think engineers who worked on these actually graduated or were imported from some third world country. I'd be afraid to get into another Chrysler product . Certainly not a new one as they have to be fixed day after day until the end of warranty. That is not how it is suppose to be with a new vehicle. Few people have the time to keep going back at least once a week.

Yep, I know the compass and patriot are essentially the same car. Neither was really a jeep per say. You could say that about the new Cherokee, but especially in trailhawk form is mightily capable. Great mpg close to 30 even with the v6, can tow 4500 lbs. The front end is a bit radical, but I love everything else. It's quick too. I'll have to test drive one.

I can't get by the Mitsubishi looking front end on the new ones. I always like a Jeep in principal, but have a hard time getting past the Chrysler reliability in them :(

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I don't particulary care for the new/newer body style on the Cherokee. WAY WAY to rounded on most all corners. I like much more of a "boxy" look. The Commanders were pretty much the last Jeep with nice lines that I liked. The wifes is a 99 XJ. Nice and boxy.

I've got Hankook ATM's on my Sierra now, Great tire! Had some Kelly Wintermark's on my last truck and those were awesome snow tires. Couldn't find em' this time around locally so went with the Hankook's.

Is that the 318. That engine is GREAT.

Wj's never had the 318 in them. Those stopped in the zj's. Her wj had the 4.7 sohc v8, which despite being picky about plugs, was/is a great motor. That was the best part about that wj. All Electrical and HVAC items on that jeep were crap.

I agree with you guys about the compass and patriot. Wife has an 2010 Jeep cherokee and we went to look at the new jeeps, Compass and patriot are tinny and weak, She drove a 2013 cherokee and she ended up staying with hers, It was nice but big $$. She had a liberty before the cherokee and it was great traded with 130, 000 miles and only replaced a water pump! She has 55, 000 on her cherokee and we havent had any issues so far. I am on my third Ram with no issues. I would not buy one of the economy models of either brand for sure! Now as tires go I have Goodyear currently on everthing Forts on the Jeep and wrangler ap's on my ram and have been plesently surpized how they run! I had good luck with Firestone and general grabbers before also.
Good luck and keep the rubber side down!

Back