Winter tire reviews

You must be talking about a grand Cherokee. Jeep didn't make the Regular Cherokee from like 2004 until just now with the 2014 Cherokee.

BF Goodrich All Terrains! Great in the snow, sand, mud... Second only to the Nokians in the snow. Every one of the guys I have suggested buy them, keeps buying them. They are not the cheapest but they have one of the deepest tread depth new, 5/8" I believe. They also last forever. A buddy with a new silverado, that drives about 80,000 miles a year, just put 100,000 miles on a set. They still have some life left as they are on CL now for $200.

Michelin LTX A/T is also a great snow or A/T tire. They have a good pattern, but are a little harder compound then the BFGs. My dad would run them for 80k, then I would get them and put on another 20k or so.

I have also ran Cooper Discovers, they were ok but not close to either of these tires.

Edit: These tires were used year-round not just as a snow tire.

IMO if you are keeping you vehicle for a few years spend the $ on the BFGs, they will last longer, and look great on almost any truck. (higher resale)

Off subject but I can speak to the Patriot. Just traded in my wifes. Bought it brand new in 2010, it was the noisiest, cheapest built vehicle I've ever owned. Although nothing major ever went wrong with it, it just screamed cheesy

Off subject but I can speak to the Patriot. Just traded in my wifes. Bought it brand new in 2010, it was the noisiest, cheapest built vehicle I've ever owned. Although nothing major ever went wrong with it, it just screamed cheesy

What did it get traded in for?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I forget the name of it but it's a purplish blue, not quite yamaha blue though, more of a slate blue. The color I think you're talking about is sweet looking, I might paint my 02 GMC that color, needs rockers cab corners and a repaint. Can't quite bring myself to spend $40K to replace it. Man they're getting expensive.

Well as usual , I forgot to get back and report on these tires I got before last winter. Both the Nittos & the Coooper tires that I got did very well. They both would get the same score from me. Except that the Nittos were quieter and got better gas mileage. Take those two things out of the equation, and the capability was the same. I don't mind slightly louder tires on my truck. The wife is way more picky though. I prefer the chunkyness/beefyness of the Cooper M & S. My better half, not so much. Actually not at all. She definately liked those Nittos after the winter we had last year. The Cherokee (with those tires) could go through snow up to the front air dam. Then it just plowed if it was light enough.

Ok well I cannot figure out which tires you're referring to Couple Of Bucks but. I have had only two on my 2002 Grand Cherokee. Nokian WGR Plus which are discontinued and great tire. The WGR2 are horrible design which are on my wifes Compass wear is odd and they go really noisy and howl. I put Geolander I/T on last winter and the ride is much better and claws through whatever I need it to. But with it getting on with 291,000km on it. I decided to get something newer and younger. So I now have Sante Fe AWD with the 3.3L V6 and looking for winter tires for it. General Altimax Arctic seems to be the best all round winter certified tire at the moment.

Took off my Hercules terra tracs that where studded. They where about 1/2 worn out but they where sliding a bit much for me. Sold them to a buddy who needed better than bald for the winter. Going to run Goodyear wrangler dura tracs with studs this winter. Liked them on my last truck but it weighed more than my 2010 does.

up date time. the dura tracks worked awsome on the 2010 until they where stolen. i then tried salun snow/ice tires with studs. they are great for stopping but suck for traction. brother has them on his 2500 hd and he confirmed that on it and it weighs over 1000 lb more than my 10 k1500.

running a 19 f150 now with studded dura tracks and they are much better than the salun ever where.

Back