My sxr project

Thanks guys. Now that im done this im itching to start modding even more! also how tight should the track be? ive got it set to about a half inch of sag in the middle with no weight on the track. Is this right?

:letitsnow

super1c said:
I run mine with about a inch of sag with no weight. As long as you dont wratchet you should be fine.

good to know. I'll do some fine tuning when the snow flies and can test it out.

I set up my new Cobra track at 1 3/8" sag with 22 lbs of pull.I know the track will stretch as I ride it and will have to tighten it up after a while.If the track is to loose,you will loose speed and the balloon effect will take place also.

That's a nice clean looking sled. I wish mine looked that good. Please come back and report on how well it works after you ride it some.

sxr70001 said:
That's a nice clean looking sled. I wish mine looked that good. Please come back and report on how well it works after you ride it some.

Will do ;)! Maybe ill get to show you guys too. might pick up a gopro while im in the states this weekend.

so i was sitting at home bored and looking at cheap mods. So i spent the afternoon building it. Im only in it $12 since i had enough stuff laying around at home and it turned out great. Its 2 feet long, the back is 4" tall and the front is 2" tall. The vinyl i got at a local upholster's shop for $10 and some longer bolt for $2. I also thew some padding i had under the vinyl.

I love the new sitting position.

oh and i just ordered the extended cables/lines and a 4" pivot riser. found that height was good for siting and standing( did some mock up tests). The pivot makes a big difference.

Last edited:
nice,seat riser looks much better then my hack job but what did you do about the tabs on the front of the seat that hook into the tank? is the seat still stable without em

MBtriple said:
so i was sitting at home bored and looking at cheap mods. So i spent the afternoon building it. Im only in it $12 since i had enough stuff laying around at home and it turned out great. Its 2 feet long, the back is 4" tall and the front is 2" tall. The vinyl i got at a local upholster's shop for $10 and some longer bolt for $2. I also thew some padding i had under the vinyl.

I love the new sitting position.

oh and i just ordered the extended cables/lines and a 4" pivot riser. found that height was good for siting and standing( did some mock up tests). The pivot makes a big difference.

NICE!! ;)! ;)!

And if ya find you need more support up front i just took hurricane strap from home depot and bent it to make a new spot to slide the tabs under right over the same gas tank spot. I then bolted it to the gas tank bolts, worked perfect. I can get pic's for ya next weekend if you need them.

it all seems pretty stable. I was able to use all the front mounting snaps and hooks. I wouldnt want to go any higher in the front or you would have to fab something to secure the front.

super1c said:
And if ya find you need more support up front i just took hurricane strap from home depot and bent it to make a new spot to slide the tabs under right over the same gas tank spot. I then bolted it to the gas tank bolts, worked perfect. I can get pic's for ya next weekend if you need them.
great idea,thanks ;)!

So I finally got around to raising the bars. I ordered a 3" powermadd pivot adapter to put under the 2" block that's on there now. Also got a extended brake line and throttle cable. I relocated the oil cable through the air box and even with a 5" riser still has enough slack at full lock both ways. the parking brake line i re-routed as well and works fine. I didn't' have time to pick up some brake fluid so ill finish it all up tomorrow. I find the height very good for standing (pivot sure helps) and sitiing isnt to bad at all with the seat riser on. Really getting excited for snow now. :letitsnow

If you really feel like tinkering with the seat, a rx1 seat works real good after some welding and tweaking. A lot lighter than stock too.

sled looks good btw, i have the same windshield with the curved part cut off too, works really good in the deep snow. It reminds me of what my MM looked like a long time ago.

Attachments

• trailer side.jpg
    trailer side.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 61
That was another option i was looking at with the new style seat. there was an rx 1 seat for $100 near me but decided to go the easy route. i may change it sometime down the road though

got the skis on and ready to go. Its also starting to snow, so we might get up to 2" today and tomorrow. Its a start anyway.

Back