My sxr project

yep looks good..send some snow East will ya.I see a few flakes starting here already..can't believe the temps and no snow yet..last year we had 40 cm's in Novemeber

yep looks good..send some snow East will ya.I see a few flakes starting here already..can't believe the temps and no snow yet..last year we had 40 cm's in Novemeber

i'll do my best haha. Looks like theres a decent amount headed this way before the end of the month. Theres already about 2" out in portage, might have to get the sled out for some better pics tomorrow.

looking good

got some here as well,but wind is blowing it around.North of me about an hour and a quarter drive they are getting nailed...:o|I am debating taking the sleds for a ride around the property just to warm up the motors..

turns out we got 4" everywhere the wind didnt get to it so i went for a spin around the yard. It does seem to push alot more in the corners but i think we need bettersnow before i start to dail it in. everything runs good though.

keep me posted on how your steering goes.I know I was pushing a lot when I tried it last day of last season in the soft sugar like snow.Today it seems that I am not turning to bad,but want to be on hard packed snow to really test.

ok Ive got issues now. I got a chance to really open it up and find out what its really like.

speedometer was not working, but fixed it easy.

it bogs off the line and doesn't idle back down very fast ether. was fine last week. thinking they are frozen up, but will be running fuel system cleaner through it tomorrow.

Now onto the clutching. wide open its at 9000 rpm. it pulls very hard but i know its high due to the gearing im thinking. The first owner told me theres heel clicker clutching on it so im hoping i can adjust it myself to get it around 8500. Ive never messed with this before but ive got this far so im off to the tech pages. but any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

update.
so after getting the local yamaha guru to clean out the carbs and adjust them its still having a bog issue he said. However the previous owner put in smaller jets, which worked great for last years set up. Now that ive geared it down it needs more fuel off the line. If i use a little choke it takes of perfect so it just needs some more fuel. Ill be ordering the stock jets and i hope im good to go for the season.

Im not sure that jets are gonna fix your problem. Sounds like you still have carbs that are dirty and out of whack. Also with the rpms hitting 9000, i would say try taking a scotch pad to the faces of the clutches and blow them out and try a new yamaha belt. The heelclickers should be grabbing the belt alot harder than stock and either you have a bad belt or major driveline drag. I still have the stock jets if your interested and if you pm me your address i would be glad to send them to you for free. Also i might have some adjusting washers for the heelclickers too but i will have to look.

its been a while but,
i ended up taking the carbs off and found i could only see through 1 of the pilots. i had to clean them out and everything is working great now. i added a washer to the heel clickers and im right where i should be, in the powder anyway. I love how it rides out there now. I can pull the skis up anytime in the deep stuff and the track helps out tremendously. on the trail i don't notice the extra track much at all either. the seating position is alot better for me now too.

hopefully by next weekend ill have my new helmet and goggles. electric visors dont work (my cheap one anyway)that great playing around of trail.

figured id put up a vid of the last ride. did great in the deeper stuff but my track is too loose. only ratchets when im really working it hard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTcIgevd78E

and i switched over to an mx helmet too. No fogging, light and no cord in the way. Loving it so far. 509 helmet and sinister x5 goggles.

looks good bud! Love my 509/aviator combo. would never go back to a visor style at this point.

Back