Handlerbar Risers

Plucan

Im looking to buy some handlebar risers for my sx700r and cant seem to find a particular style i like. does anyone have any tips from experience as to what kinds work best for this sled? and how much of a riser to get without having to extend cables?

most people go with powermadd risers for these sleds since they are generaly small risers. 3" would be max without longer cables if you route the cables though the slot on the airbox. Pretty common question on here. search is you friend :letitsnow

If you like to ride in the powder and carve it up I would definitely go bigger than 3in... I had 3 on mine last year and although it was a big difference over stock I am switching to 5 this year and positioning my bars to ride like a new sled. Going to be much better.

My setup. RSI t-post adapter, rox adjustable risers and fly aerotaper bars

Attachments

• bars front.jpg
    bars front.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 27
  • bars side.jpg
    bars side.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 25
i live in the western new york region, so the snow conditions around here have been poor the last couple years. i rarely get a change to ride in some powder so i decided to try the 3 inchers and see how they do. thanks for the tips lol

Hey guys, I see this thread has died off but I have the same sled pretty much (2001 SX 700R) and want to get the bars up a little. 75% trail riding 25% off trail so I think I want to keep it 3" or less. Does anyone have experience with either the RSI 30 degree angled risers or the Powermadd Pivot adapter risers? Any Pros or Cons to either of them? I want to keep my stock cable lengths and will I have windshield clearance issues? I'm running a medium height Cobra aftermarket shield. Thanks for any input, much appreciated!!

Hey guys, I see this thread has died off but I have the same sled pretty much (2001 SX 700R) and want to get the bars up a little. 75% trail riding 25% off trail so I think I want to keep it 3" or less. Does anyone have experience with either the RSI 30 degree angled risers or the Powermadd Pivot adapter risers? Any Pros or Cons to either of them? I want to keep my stock cable lengths and will I have windshield clearance issues? I'm running a medium height Cobra aftermarket shield. Thanks for any input, much appreciated!!

I have a 2 inch pivot block riser. I enjoy the bars up a little even for trail ridding, that 2 inches makes a big difference in terms of leverage and being able to get the sled leaned over in the powder. The one thing it does do is puts the bars up out of the wind cover and I think That makes for some cold hands. So For that reason I'm running hand gaurds with a medium Chrome cobra windshield. When the bars are turned hard they just touch the windshield. This is on a 2001 sxr700.

What kind of hand guards are you running roudyroy? Also did you keep the stock bar pad on or did you ditch it for cable length?

Guys, where can I get and what do I need if I want to go to a 5in riser I have a 2003 sxr600 trip. I am 6'5" and I really want to get the riser and I also want to do something like @backwoodsmmax did to his seat. Backwoods do you have any pics of that seat riser you have

thanks Allen

powermadd makes extension hoses for the brakes and throttle cable extensions. brother used them on my old sx500r i sold him when he put the 6" riser onto it. he also built a 5 gallon fuel tank to move his seat up and back for his height as he is 6'4" when he extended it to 136" track.

Back