Cool new product for your GPS or Smart Phone!!

musselman said:
Ordering this setup for sure for my Oregon GPS, thanks for posting this.

What kind of Oregon do you have? I have an Oregon 450 and am wondering if this cable will work for it. Never mind...didn't think I could use it but just realized there is a data & power cord! So by using the power cord you will save your batts correct?

Last edited:
Was just on GPScity website and Noticed that it powers nuvi and Colorado models, but further down noticed a car charger for the Colorado & Oregon...so I'm guessing they have the same hookup. What one would be best? The tapp 2.1amp or the tapp lite 1.0amp. I'm not very good with electronics, so not sure what I would need. Definitely getting the setup, I honestly thought I could only run this thing off batteries! Lol yes thank you for posting this! GPScity is probably the spot to order from for Canadian residents.

this is a awesome idea! will order it for my iphone because in ny they have a trail app with all trails and need my phone plugged in. now just need to find a good dash holeder for snowmobiling :) any recommendations?

Cooper0809 said:
What kind of Oregon do you have? I have an Oregon 450 and am wondering if this cable will work for it. Never mind...didn't think I could use it but just realized there is a data & power cord! So by using the power cord you will save your batts correct?
I have an Oregon 550 which is the same as a 450 but has a built in camera. You should be able to use this cable because it should be very similar to what the gps came with only with a weatherproof seal.

I actually ran my gps all last season on battery alone and it would last for a whole day of riding (8 hours) even when it was about -15 C. But I had it set up so the screen would shut off to save battery, i would prefer to see it all the time.

Cooper0809 said:
Was just on GPScity website and Noticed that it powers nuvi and Colorado models, but further down noticed a car charger for the Colorado & Oregon...so I'm guessing they have the same hookup. What one would be best? The tapp 2.1amp or the tapp lite 1.0amp. I'm not very good with electronics, so not sure what I would need. Definitely getting the setup, I honestly thought I could only run this thing off batteries! Lol yes thank you for posting this! GPScity is probably the spot to order from for Canadian residents.
I would get the tapp 2.1 since I don't think the lite would be enough to power the gps although they do make a garmin cable. I'm going to get the 2.1 anyways since I like the panel tapp better. The Oregon has the usb mini plug on it so I think it's the same as all the other Garmin gps.

Also good call on gpscity, that's actually where I bought my gps, should be much better for shipping and customs.

Ya that's where I got mine too, good place to buy! radio shack or the source were too expensive. I think I'll get the 2.1 because like you said it will have the power for sure and the tapp capp. Thanks for your help musselman!

Back