Needed new pipes..

yamalars

Well my "widowmaker" needed new pipes, the old skinny fast by gast pipes
isn't good for anything but crazy high rpm.. no bottom end what so ever!!
So i looked at the srx and hey, they have almost the same displacement and rpm's.. So short story is that i used the fbg. downpipes (diff. to make)
and then cut the srx pipes and simply join'd them. I kept the same tuning lenght from piston as srx.

Tryed it first time today, and they work really great! ;)! very nice lowend and when you hit 6000, hold on!! Was wet outside today and bike was powersliding on second gear at 80 kmh every time i hit 6000 :shock:

Here's a vid. of first fire up, hope you like it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBCPze6BcjY

Very cool!
I had a 72 H2 and since then...no bike , sled, car, boat or airplane has given me the feeling of speed and occasional shear terror that that Kawasaki did!

It's gonna get even cooler.. :WayCool: This is a dynosheet (rear wheel hp) on a bike
with same porting and heads as my 780cc topend witch going on my bike
again very soon. It has a stock -72 topend now beqause it was a pig
to ride with thoose fbg. pipes :o| Cant wait to try it!! ;)!

http://ebos.se/pics/olle006.gif

sideshowBob said:
Very cool!
I had a 72 H2 and since then...no bike , sled, car, boat or airplane has given me the feeling of speed and occasional shear terror that that Kawasaki did!
I know what you mean.. Their isn't anything like them! I compere them with
us muscle cars, in fact i think the japs stole that concept? Big engine in a
poor/cheap chassie, max speed at the lowest cost! Bob: was your -72 stock?

Wow! Now we are talking coool! Crazy that you get to ride that monster being only
16!! But obviously you made it.. Back then here in sweden you had to be 18 to ride the big bikes, if you was 16 you where limited to 125cc.
Thanks for sharing thoose very cool pics, love them!

Coulden't wait for spring to test how pipes work with the 780 topend so i
have put them on.. Here's a pic that show the difference in porting, pretty massive diff. I also played a little with a machz rack witch is about ½ inch to wide but will fit nicely if i fix that ;)! The vm 34's will go back on for now.. Aint quite finished with the engine yet, but aiming for a test ride on monday :mrgreen:

Last edited:
sideshowBob said:
Modern porting specs, pipes, and TMX carbs would be very impressive on the H2!
Are you having any trouble getting parts?
Yes, their's lot of room
for improvments. But you can't just port/pipe it and go, the crank,clutch and gearbox has to be updated to or they will brake/slip. My stage ll engine was done by these guy's many year's ago but seems to hold up nicely..

http://www.google.se/url?sa=t&rct=j...EHYp-ZuwFK1CrtMjc3AeSqQ&bvm=bv.55123115,d.bGE

Got to try my bike with the 780 topend last night and it sure was a blast!!
Of course the lowend suffer with that big change in porttiming but that crazy powerboost everytime you hit 6500 rpm's just put a big smile on my face ;)! Bike in this link has a very simiular powercurve that explain's the feeling, hold on!

http://www.google.se/url?sa=t&rct=j...0RB-vDda1IvQrXPOaj52BPQ&bvm=bv.55123115,d.bGE

Btw. i'm looking for some velocity stacks for these carbs, someone know a good place to buy them? Carb belly od.=60mm. max length is 65-70mm.

Time for an update.. We have an early spring here.. So i just switched triple so to speak ;)! I've struggle to get the machz carb's dailed in but the throttle respons and easynes with sync. with these carb's vs. the vm 34's is gonna make it well worth it! ;)! First i've gave up the idea of velocity stacks, they look great but offers cero dust protection, so i went with uni filters instead (yes i'm old.. ten year's ago i woulden't care about dust lol.) Was afraid jetting would be way off with the uni's, but they seem to flow really good! Jetting is the same ;)!

But the problem is that they was running way rich at about 1/8 throttle! Pipelength come in play here.. I know i wrote earlyer that i used same tuninglength as srx.. well let's say i had a bad day back then (or to many beer's?) anyway i'm gonna ad a few centimeters.. :o| But for now i opened up the cutaway in the slides to get it running a little better, raised them about 1,5 mm. and she runs much better now! Still have a flatspot at abot 5k but it's "rideable" now if you know what i mean? Hope the pipemod will do the rest? Will report back when that's done. Oh and about power i can tell you she slips the tire in second gear on dry tar sometimes.. :whine: So if i'm bored i'll just take "here" for a ride and that's it.. sideshowbob's word's about these bikes is VERY true!!

Last edited:
The first two strokes are the best
Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1396739163301.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1396739163301.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 12
I know it has two wheels but it is a really nice yamaha

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1397000365496.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1397000365496.jpg