You Know What Blows My Belt

staggs65

No i'm not talking about bad clutching
Just wanted to start something a little fun. Same concept as Peter Griffin's "Grinds My Gears"
I don't have a good Blows My Belt story to start it off, i'm having a good day :)

But if you have one of those moments swing by and let us know what "Blows Your Belt"

Last edited:

Well a few years back I was with a group of guys sledding and we decided to go to a tavern for lunch but in order to get there we had to ride up a river for about 3/4 of a mile or so.Now ordinarily that wouldn't be a big deal but it was one of those winters where we didn't get a lot of cold weather and there were some iffy water crossings around.Well we made up our collective minds to go and all went well on the way to the tavern,it was the return trip back to the trail head when things went a little hairy.I was sailing along,no pun intended,about half way to the shore line when my belt started peeling apart and slapping against the belt guard.All I kept saying was just hold together another 30 seconds baby lol because I had NO intentions of stopping on that river to change a belt.

I never really deduced what caused the belt to blow,it could have been the extra drag from riding through slush or just that it was wore out but I made it to shore and ended up peeling out a lot of cords and debris from the clutches.Put my spare on and was good to go.

LOL, I just blew my Coca-cola out my nose. Sorry Fourbarrel, not poking fun but I got a good chuckle. The whole "grinds my gears" or in this case "blows my belt" is rants about everyday life. I'll find a youtube link to the family guy play on it.

You what really Blows My Belt. When some one post somthing on kijiji or craiglist and either has no picture or do not respond to emails. or I asked a guy the other day where he was located to give me an idea how far i would have to travel to see the sled and he replied. "3 hours north of portland". Where the eff is that!!!. Like im gonna come steal it if he just said Bangor.

The guy at work that is always telling you his latest joke and all buddy-buddy with you, then you find out from someone else he's been ranting to the boss that you're a loser and ought to be fired. (BTW his reason was something ultra-stupid...)

what blows my belt is how ski doo riders brag how fast their machine is, or it hardly burns any fuel or oil, or how my ski doo is so light compared to those yamaha tanks! i tell them they are right ,ski doo are the fastest....they are the fastest one to haul $15,000 grand out your pocket, they are also the best on fuel and oil if they spend half the season in the shop to get a motor rebuild after 6000km . And they are made lighter for a reason .....so they are easier to tow by those yamaha tanks that rarely ever break down and are still running strong after 20,000 km ;)!

grinds my gears when you get a ski doo guy talking sh!t, so you lake drag him.... then he burns down half way across the lake and you have to drag his sorry sled 50 km to his home.....

ebayfreak said:
what blows my belt is how ski doo riders brag how fast their machine is, or it hardly burns any fuel or oil, or how my ski doo is so light compared to those yamaha tanks! i tell them they are right ,ski doo are the fastest....they are the fastest one to haul $15,000 grand out your pocket, they are also the best on fuel and oil if they spend half the season in the shop to get a motor rebuild after 6000km . And they are made lighter for a reason .....so they are easier to tow by those yamaha tanks that rarely ever break down and are still running strong after 20,000 km ;)!
lmao..the truth hurts.. ;)!

You know what blows my belt is that there is no f-ing snow and not just me but my whole family wants to ride....lol Great idea for a thread.

What Blows my Belt?? sideshowBob isnt gonna like this,,,haha Just kidding....Riders that never check behind them....or when they realize you are behind them, they make no effort to let you by.
Keep in mind, Im a very considerate rider. Im not the type that will just blow by someone and scare the crap out of them. I will,after Ive given plenty of time to notice me and my group, slowly nudge a ski up far enough to see and let the rider know he has a group behind him. And then hope he/she will be as polite, and let us through.....some do, some dont. The ones that do, I ease by them so as to not dust them unnecessarily, The ones that dont.....just the opposite

When I want to get the ol smoker out to work on but its tucked behind a damn heavy 4 stroke with a dead battery

When you pull in to a gas station on a sled and everyone is squeezing together and no one can monover there sled on pavement. No one lets you go and when you do go its a mad rush. I must say I hate gas stations on sleds! That blows my belt!

Sorry, dont want this to turn into a politcal bashing thread.....lol
Lets try and keep it a little more light hearted and fun. Hell, I may even delete my own post now!! Haha
Deleted by Sno-Xr

Last edited by a moderator:
You know what blows my belt?

The turbo cats right from the factory. Lol

They still have not fixed the issue from what it appears. Maybe Yamaha will fix the clutches or have already fixed the issue and we don't know it?

Back