Search Function!!

MrSled

Site Admin/CEO
Staff member
Website
www.totallyamaha.com
I want to wait a few days until we are done messing with the data base, then we will recompile it so the search function should be back working.

;)! take your time! lol Cant imagine how much work you must be doing making this change over :o|

Im trying to find past threads that I have started. Im looking for old ones (over a year). All it shows is the last 3 I started. Whats the best way to find them now?

Im trying to find past threads that I have started. Im looking for old ones (over a year). All it shows is the last 3 I started. Whats the best way to find them now?

Try it now... we had to recompile again, took 17 hrs. When I search your name I get a butt load of stuff now.

still having some issues. I searched sc3 and sc4 which I know there are many topics on. And just to make sure it was working i searched "sxr" and there were no results found.

still having some issues. I searched sc3 and sc4 which I know there are many topics on. And just to make sure it was working i searched "sxr" and there were no results found.

Ill look thru my bookmarks. I should have a few threads saved from my swap last year. It seems like there were a few SRX's and a Viper that had the swap. Anything taller than a Srx needed drop brackets IIRC. I sourced mine from CB performance $90. However you could make your own if you are handy and have the time.

To short of a search, you have to add something to it, like SC10 suspensions... or more then 3 letter... most SQL data bases wont search 3 or below. Its like searching "THE"

Question.........when you search now for example by author, it brings up all the post but I didnt see where you can filter out the post by selecting the forum you wish to search in like before. Is it me not knowing how to do that or is it differnt now?
Like before I could search my own name for example, then it would ask what forums I wanted to search in. So I could choose classified section and it would bring up any post I made in the classifed section.

I cant figure out how to do that now????? hopefully I explained this right??

Question.........when you search now for example by author, it brings up all the post but I didnt see where you can filter out the post by selecting the forum you wish to search in like before. Is it me not knowing how to do that or is it differnt now?
Like before I could search my own name for example, then it would ask what forums I wanted to search in. So I could choose classified section and it would bring up any post I made in the classifed section.

I cant figure out how to do that now????? hopefully I explained this right??

I am no search expert but I think you have to go to the forum and use the search function tool with in it...Ill do some more looking. Its new to me too.

OH I see now says the blindman.........

I was trying to do the search from like the main page as before, it DOES work like before, you just have to go to the specific forums of the classfieds and you can do the search. I used to do that from the main page and it gave you the option box to check whatever sections you wanted.

Thanx, you answered my question but yet again!

ADD: the only thing is when I do that and say for example it has 2 pages of results, when you go to click on the 2nd page it tells you that search is not able. Just went and did it again and it only pulled up 19 post which is displayed all 19, it was 30 before wouldnt let me go to page 2. It gave me an error message, but its working now, and I am not complaining as that will solve what i was trying to do.

thanx for the direction, thats why they pay you the big bucks....lol

Last edited:
Tom, it works for the initial search, but if theres more then 1 page of results when you click to the 2nd or 3rd page it goes to this: "sorry,no matches". "please try differnt terms".

what i am doing is going to the classifeds, then going to search box on right and hitting advanced search. using my name "mrviper700" and checking exact name box, (there is a redhead pipe) inserted in search box you have to delete. Then going down to 2nd part selecting classifieds and then parts for sale and hitting search. it brings up 3 pages of results but wont allow you to go past the first page.

if i explained it right maybe you can go and try what i typed and see.

Tom, it works for the initial search, but if theres more then 1 page of results when you click to the 2nd or 3rd page it goes to this: "sorry,no matches". "please try differnt terms".

what i am doing is going to the classifeds, then going to search box on right and hitting advanced search. using my name "mrviper700" and checking exact name box, (there is a redhead pipe) inserted in search box you have to delete. Then going down to 2nd part selecting classifieds and then parts for sale and hitting search. it brings up 3 pages of results but wont allow you to go past the first page.

if i explained it right maybe you can go and try what i typed and see.

It worked for me, I can go to the 2nd page.

Back