98 srx 700 vs 02 mxz 800 twin

csargentmaine

i have a 98 srx 700 new belt cleaned the carbs and powervalves runs good i weigh about 230 with gear i wanna race my buddys dad he has a 2002 ski doo mxz 800 twin he weighs prob about 270-300 with gear who would win in say 660 and who would win in maybe 1200 feet on bare ice i have picks im not sure if he does

My bud has the same sled mxz 800 twin.
He was so pissed that I could walk away from him anytime I wanted last winter. he went and spent 3 g's on his motorl.
Now I moved across Canada, he will never get the chance to race me.lol

Cheers,
Rick.

seen a couple of those 800's out at camp - I don't own an SRX but they eat my 700 v-max no problem...

I would think it would be a close race?

did you ever straighten out your secondary problems? your not going to win many races with bad clutching.
ive been away all weekend got a new belt just cause the old one was worn and im gonna change the holes im sure that was the problem along with it being wicked dirty

whats the rest of the clutch set-up? all stock? there's a lot of room for improvement on the SRX with clutching. post up your complete set-up. Numbers on weights, numbers on helix, primary and secondary spring color codes. Don't just assume its all stock, there are a lot of different Yamaha weights, springs, and helix's that someone could have put on it.

Well i finally did the race, Before i did the race i had to tow the 800 to the shop to fix his recoil and i also had towed my ice shack with my srx so the belt was getting bad on a short race in a field i took him really easy then i got to the lake and i did a pass to test out everything and at about 112 speedo my belt blew so i didnt want to race on a bad belt but i can say in a much longer distance than it took me to do 112 they couldnt break 100 so all and all that counts as a win to me;)!

yeah the earlier 800 doo motors were down on hp compared to the newer ones and had bad clutching from factory

I had a 02 MXZ 800 they had poor clutching from the factory when clutched right they ran strong out of the hole and up though midrange, but not much top end. If you do race make sure you race a longer distance where the long legs of the triple will come into play. And remember one thing, SET-UP SET-UP SET-UP, I know YammieGod's will be set up very well..

I raced a mxz800 with my stock clutch 98srx and we were even up to 70mph then I walked him easily, I'd like to do a 8bu-10 clutch set up and see how much that helps my hole shot but I'm not sure if I should go that aggressive right away

Lavon

Back