Finally my viper build

Well fellas, got the sled all done. Really Really need bigger rollers for these heel clickers, i weigh 250 dressed and the track just blows right free when trying to take off hard or race anyone. But on the other hand, These measurements worked perfect! makes this sled a whole new ride. Thing rides amazing, fox clicker shock works amazing, good transfer ( i need to adjust, needs a weeee bit more). I love the stance of the sled when the edge sits farther down on the chassis and it doesnt really effect the cornering dropping it down another inch, o yea my sled actually rolls when i left off the throttle and coast for a while. Best mod to date!!! Just got to get my clutching figured out to be perfect and the next big thing is a new seat. Thinking a arcticcat crossfire seat but still thinking.

Heres a link to some pictures from this past weekend, 60 degress... sweatshirts... 2 feet of crappy snow.....and tons of water. Lovin it

Attachments

• sleds alittle warm.jpg
    sleds alittle warm.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 43
  • water wheelie.jpg
    water wheelie.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 45
  • sprying buddy.jpg
    sprying buddy.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 50

check out my brothers build, we just put up a polaris iq seat. made a custom mount for it and works and feels amazing. sits pretty high too

Bringing this back up, did a few more mods this past year because i didnt like the 121 anymore, i needed a little more track because my need for exploring in heavily wooded areas has gotten alot worse lol. I bought some extensions for my edge skid that were for a 144-151 extension, put them on my 121 and put a 128 inch cobra track on it. Took a stock tunnel that i had laying around and riveted on the extra tunnel space, added a srx rear cooler and a polaris iq seat like what my brother has, i am on the hunt for some pipes too:letitsnow

Bringing this back up, did a few more mods this past year because i didnt like the 121 anymore, i needed a little more track because my need for exploring in heavily wooded areas has gotten alot worse lol. I bought some extensions for my edge skid that were for a 144-151 extension, put them on my 121 and put a 128 inch cobra track on it. Took a stock tunnel that i had laying around and riveted on the extra tunnel space, added a srx rear cooler and a polaris iq seat like what my brother has, i am on the hunt for some pipes too:letitsnow

Need some pics!!

teaser

i will get more, but that was when i first did it in the middle of winter, going to finish it up and clean it up in the next couple of weeks
sx viper extension.jpg

doesnt really matteer what it is off from but any polaris dragon like the old style, the style in which the first polaris Iq (shift) came about.

Just wondering because the rmk had a skinnier seat as far as i know. Just got my sled in the shed today. While at the local metal yard i seen they had long strips of 1/2 and 1/4 aluminum. I got the idea of rolling out the running boards and bolting these strips on the edged. using bolts every few inches nut on top should be a pretty grippy surface as well. Il cover everything in bed liner after. My left running board has a crack and im hoping this will stiffen it up.

I was wondering what shocks/ spring rate was in your skid too?

i have the fox clicker in my rear and the center is ryde fx. The clicker is hands down the best shock you could get for the skid. Thats why i got this one. I have them rebuilt at jb shocks. Awesome guy and very customer oriented.

i think i am going to extend out to 136 or maybe even longer and turn my sled into a full time back country sled. buy another one for trail riding

hey guys VMAXSX700 here and just wanna say I love this build page as i just drilled my holes for my 01 edge xp skid red of course (re built shocks). Ive been doing a couplet re build (besides the motor) as sand blasted my whole exhaust and painted it with black hi temp paint. I grinned down the whole tunel primed it and painted it yamaha red (150$ vivid red 1) I did a custom bar rise (6.5 rise) used a 11' rise stainless steel geo fly bars off from my BMX. With some simple modding i got some UFO guards to fit on the bars nice and tight! I finally did the 8 tooth drive cog swap with the bran new Composit C45 1.77 121 this season!(last season i ran the Talon 38 1.5). I will be testing how the skid fits in tomorrow after work!!! as I want to say a big thanks to all of you guys on here!

IMG_1328.jpg
IMG_1327.jpgIMG_1324.jpgIMG_1278.jpgIMG_1177.jpg

Back