what are some good pranks you guys have done

Well....I've poured dry ice into a guys lunchbox. He didn't eat that lunch till the ride home after work.

Zip tied a guys locker shut while he's in the shower. Then grabed his towel that was hanging just outside the showers and put it about 20 feet outside the locker room. He had to STREAK to get it.

Shrink wrapped a guys car before mother nature let it down poured. I had to work over that night so I watched from inside the plant as he tried to get it off.

Had a guy get in my bag and hang MY underwear up on the coat tree that everybody walked by in the office.

Threw a MASSIVE dead carp that had washed up on shore in the back of my buddies work/farm truck. And then proceeded to disguise it with hay,dirt and chains that were already in the back. That thing was so rotten that when I first grabbed it by the tail and started to pull, the entire spine and bones just pulled out of the carcass. I proceeded to dry heave. But it was worth it. He finally came to me a few days later and threatened my life.

And of course, there is the Lindburger cheese on the engine manifold. Did that one when I was a teenager. STIIIIIIIIINK. holy sh!t

That's all........for now.

And then there is the classic. I cannot even begin to count the number of times I have pulled this on someone.

I always carried an AWL around with me while working in the factory that I worked at.

1.Find an unsuspecting schmuck
2.Grab his can of pop (or beverage:beer:) when he's not looking.
3.Take the awl and make a hole @ 1 inch below the drinking hole. Make it low enough so the guy lower lip doesn't seal up the hole when he tips it up.
4.Enjoy watching them figure out what the h3ll is going on!!!!
5.You can do this with a pen but it usually dents the can from the pressure being put on it. A awl that's been sharpened on the belt sander is just the ticket.:wink:

Homemade hot pepper powder (on the guy that you despise ) on the hard hats sweat band.

That same guy I disliked..... I took a handful of insulation and rubbed it on his sheets in this rack(shipboard).

That same guy.....was steeling my chocolates that my wife sent me while out to sea. I carefully opened the tin foil wrapping of the mini Reases Peanutbutter cups. Proceeds to dip my finger in MIL-H-83282 hydraulic fluid, place my finger on the pb cup and let it soak in. Did this to 4-6 pb cups and stratigicily placed them in my drawer so I knew which ones were tainted. The next day he had a severe case of the screamin sh!ts and could not be much further than 20 feet away from the cr@pper. Hummmmmm , must of been something he ate.

And then there is the classic. I cannot even begin to count the number of times I have pulled this on someone.

I always carried an AWL around with me while working in the factory that I worked at.

1.Find an unsuspecting schmuck
2.Grab his can of pop (or beverage:beer:) when he's not looking.
3.Take the awl and make a hole @ 1 inch below the drinking hole. Make it low enough so the guy lower lip doesn't seal up the hole when he tips it up.
4.Enjoy watching them figure out what the h3ll is going on!!!!
5.You can do this with a pen but it usually dents the can from the pressure being put on it. A awl that's been sharpened on the belt sander is just the ticket.:wink:

ha ha...this is one of my favorite pranks. I usually wait till my friends get good and drunk before I do it, it takes them forever to figure it out when they're half in the bag! lol

Next time you guys stop at a bar or some thing out on the trail, go out a little early and Pop 1 or 2 plug wires off your buddy's sled. The less mechanically inclined they are the better.

Working construction on the road, nothing funnier when buddy who was smart mouthing is passed out, get out the felt marker on his bald head, then in the morning wake him up late for work. Some guys never learn lol.

the tow story wasnt a prank but it was dang funny if you would have been there.

Same friend back then had a 6000 el tigre all built to the hilt, twin pipes,carbs, porting,etc and he beat alot of bigger sleds back then. Well he kept that sled for alot of years because he wasnt beat very often, into the mid 90's. I had a 1993 thundercat back then, we were all out riding and went to a small airstrip we have here to race and fool around. He beat alot of newer sleds but he of course couldnt hold a candle to a 900 triple, it wasnt expected to.
Anyways, he blows the thing up racing. So I hooked on the tow strap and began to tow him home. The roads were awesome shape that night and instead of taking the trails decided to just run the roads. Well......, after a little bit of running those awesome hard pack roads I kinda forgot after a little bit that I was towing him home. I kinda got all wrapped up with how nice the roads were and gave the thunderkitty the throttle.
I just so happen got my train of thought back and said oh crap hope hes ok back there...looked back to see him literally like a kite on the end of the tow rope,...lmao, he was wavin his hands and making not so nice gestures. I pulled over and I honestly forgot about him because the thundercat pulled it like it was a feather.
He cussed at me for months, it was so dang funny that thing was swaying back there from side to side and barely at times touching the snow, he hung on the whole time...LMAO!!! He didnt seem to think me saying that was likely faster then the old el tigre had ever been anyways, and something like now you know what a 100mph feels like....LOL!!

If the shoe was on the other foot, I would bailed off the towed sled and said screw it....LMAO!!!
I get a really good laugh out of this every time I read it. Only because I've been there too.

Years ago while working in a small automotive repair shop we used to repair rusted or crack metal gas tanks on the older cars by brazing them with rod and torch. We would remove the tanks, empty all the gas and then run exhaust fumes thru them for atleast half an hour to kill all the fumes. My boss was repairing a tank one day. He would start by waving the torch over the opening to test if it was safe to braze up. All was good, no big bang and flames. So he grabbed his goggles and rod and proceeded to braze the tank .I also prepped myself to "help" him. I had grabbed a 3 foot piece of wide wood and setup directly behind him. Anchored one end to the floor with my foot and waited for him to bring the torch to the tank. Released the wood and the boom echo's through out the shop as it hits the floor. He jumps clear over the tank and runs out the shop. Then the chase was on. Its soo hard to run when laughing.

I like anti-seize on the headband of a welding helmet. And under the cap of a pop bottle works good too. I also had a co-worker put an open can of sardines under my toolbox. When I found them it was stinking pretty good and full of maggits so I spread them with his screwdriver in the drawer liners in his toolbox. It stunk in his area for weeks.

My buddies are down right rotton when it comes to pranks. A zip tie on the driveshaft makes a awful noise even better on the front axle shaft of a front wheel drive car. Pike bait behind the seat of my car that is good for a few weeks then it starts to thaw, oh man that one is good. Salmon spawn under the drivers seat - only takes a few hours and wow it stinks. Carbon black or soot on the steering wheel after dark - you know how many times a guy rubs his nose and ear etc when driving home, the wife screamed when he walked in the house ! ArmorAll on my buddies brand new sled seat - he slid right off and cussed me for weeks ! Potato in the exhaust pipe makes a huge bang. Man you guys get me thinking and off I go.

The last two post helped me remember.
My son did this one. A new mechanic got hired a got ALL of the gravy jobs when cars came in to get worked on. He finally got tired of it and drilled a hole in the back of the new guys toolbox. Just big enough for a zerk. One night before the shop guys left, he slipped the locking(sideways) head to the grease gun which is hooked up to 30 gallon bulk grease drum. Hooked it up to the zerk and then zip-stripped the trigger so it started pumping and then punched out for the day. The guy quit the next day.

This one happened at a Kelly Springfield tire plant.
Fact---carbon black essentially is what makes tires black. It is an EXTREMELY light and airy powder that sticks to anything remotely damp. You don't even need to be sweating for it to stick to you. Everyone who works around it looks like BUCKWHEAT by first break. Soap doesn't cut it, Only Dawn is taken into the shower.
There was one time where somebody poured a cup of carbon black into the defroster vents of a buddies truck.

Last edited:
The last two post helped me remember.
My son did this one. A new mechanic got hired a got ALL of the gravy jobs when cars came in to get worked on. He finally got tired of it and drilled a hole in the back of the new guys toolbox. Just big enough for a zerk. One night before the shop guys left, he slipped the locking(sideways) head to the grease gun which is hooked up to 30 gallon bulk grease drum. Hooked it up to the zerk and then zip-stripped the trigger so it started pumping and then punched out for the day. The guy quit the next day.

See post 15

A firecracker in the nozzle of a mig gun is pretty good. So is a firecracker under where someone is going to be using a torch.

Back