Green Trails in Ontario!!

Hopefully trailer up there on Sunday, if the snow stays
Guess its time to put the clutches on, tension the track and adjust the power valves.
YIPPIE!!!!

Trails are all closed here in Ottawa. Supposed to be 10 degrees tomorrow, there goes half the snow. On the upside were getting 10 more inches on Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lots of green trail open now, and it looks like we'll be gettin a good dumping of snow! Been snowing here since 8pm last night and the best isn't even here yet!!

just put on 800km during the last few days, did a few runs to mattawa and towards muskoka. trails are in great shape! even tho some are red they were still groomed and open, guess they had not updated the trail guide

that a lot in a few days. Must be saddle sore. LOL

That's a long way up north. You must have trailered the same miles just to get there and back. No wonder you had snow with it being near North Bay once I found it.

i was hurting after bad the week after, it was when we had those -20 temps down south here.up there it was -48 with the windchill on the return trip back from mattawa, just to make things better the heated sheild cable broke on the sled so i ran open face most way back, took some frost bite home with me.

i know some people up there so the sleds did not come back home

That's too cold to be out long especially far from home/base or whatever. I something goes wrong you'll cool down fast and its way to cold even to do a minor repair. I am not surprised the cable broke as it likely got brittle at that temp and the wire went as well. I don't use one of those shield just a double visor and it serves me well. I you breath properly and through your nose it doesn't fog up. If it starts a little air clears it.

those temp may be good the machine running cool and fuel mixture but the body needs to survive. I hope you had at least one other sled with you. I've sled alone a lot and always in the back of my mind. WHAT IF....? I don't do anything stupid and conserve gas in my riding with the object of getting somewhere or I just say. yep that far enough and turn around and head back home. Once there top up with antifreeze and reflect on the uneventful ride. The best kind gone somewhere and made it back without body or sled problems.

oh yeah, that was a stupid move for sure. i was with 3 other sleds that night (all yamaha triples), we were half way there and 2 (including me) opted we go 2 said we turn back. dumb move on my part. we should have stayed the night or turned back. we were sitting in the tims in a small town talking and one of the people even said they would put us up for the night, nice people up there. once we were on the way back it stopped being fun and started becoming survival. if a sled broke down we would of left it. i can say i dont have to run -50 ever again, been there done that lol. the rest of the days we were running were -25ish. do the sleds ever run crisp and hook up good at temps like that.

It was mild this weekend at the cottage, up to +5 and the snow was mushy. I went up the bush trail and field access to my main trail. The going was good but a lot of snow gone from the recent mild stretch and some rain. The main trail was good and the base was sound a mile in either direction from where I get on. Its all open exposed to the sun. some areas the drifts still about 4ft high had not danger of going away anytime soon. I did not go anywhere as I was alone and its a bit warm for long machine running. We are planning a ride this weekend and left the snow as it is rather than chew it up. The last day it was -7 and everything was very firm. Colder today so it will be had surface riding this weekend unless some powder comes down.

Back