new truck and newer trailer! trailer question

yamatyb9

Got my new Silverado and Triton trailer, its a few years old but looks good and works great.. Only thing is I'm looking to get an acid wash done on it, wondering if that's the best idea or what else to do to it to get it all shined up. I've buffed it but still could be better, anyone with info or where to take it to around my area is appreciated. !!

Attachments

• IMG_20131219_112507155.jpg
    IMG_20131219_112507155.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20131219_112614040.jpg
    IMG_20131219_112614040.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 8

if you go to a truck wash, and get acid put on it, it will take away the shine and be a dull white color, but will be much easier to buff out, sno-bol toilet bowl cleaner will also clean it up, just be careful fumes are horrible, and it will burn you if your in contact with it

If I use that sno-bowl do you just wipe it on then spray or wipe off?? Also will that ruin the stickers I'm assuming? Thanks

on my aluminum dump trailers, I use an old garden sprayer, spray on and use a brush to scrub, I only leave it on a min or two, jus long enough to scrub and then rinse with garden hose, like I said earlier be careful if you get it on you, your gonna know it , u could use muriatic acid, that's what the truck washes use, you buy it prolly at any home depot or lowes, cut it with water like50/50 then use garden sprayer to put on, scrub, rinse

I jus looked at your pics better, if you want it to look like chrome, go to zephyr web site, order a yellow fast cut wheel, green wheel, brown Tripoli rouge, and green rouge bar's, you use a good angle grinder on the wheels with the cutting wheels and rouge, take your time, very dirty, nasty job, but worth the effort, this is how I polish my show sleds, and they look better than chrome

OK thank a lot, I've done the wheel ion the trailer it's just the sides of the trailer that seem to not look like the front.
Thanks for the info

Back